Diet

Elmo

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Slim Fast Diet? Is it worth they money? Does it really work?

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Slim Fast Diet? Is it worth they money? Does it really work?

IMO not worth it. Some of the bars really do taste good, but it never seemed to help me. Weight Watchers is my opinion of a better option.

Elmo

IMO not worth it. Some of the bars really do taste good, but it never seemed to help me. Weight Watchers is my opinion of a better option.

Don't you have to go to the Weight Watchers meetings? Also, don't it cost money to use their online guide?

H

hborror

Don't waste your money on this food go to a gym and eat healthy :yay: I stopped buying it. Tons of websites that can help you pick the right foods to buy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
For the calories in a SlimFast, you can have a Lean Cuisine meal, which is much more satisfying. Add some extra veggies to it and you have an enormous pile of food for around 350 calories.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
For the calories in a SlimFast, you can have a Lean Cuisine meal, which is much more satisfying. Add some extra veggies to it and you have an enormous pile of food for around 350 calories.

Only bad thing about the Lean Cuisine is the carbs and sodium. It is quick though.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I just know that if I had to drink a SlimFast instead of eating real food, I'd be so depressed I'd eat a bag of Fritos to make myself feel better. :lol:

chevylover

PIP ~ My Baby Boy!
Don't you have to go to the Weight Watchers meetings? Also, don't it cost money to use their online guide?

I bought the WW kit on eBay, and in the last 17 weeks have lost 27 pounds. I don't go to any meetings, just do the points plan. And the best part about it is no food is off limits. It's been the most successful thing I've tried. But you MUST remember to write down everything you eat.

lovinmaryland

Don't waste your money on this food go to a gym and eat healthy :yay: I stopped buying it. Tons of websites that can help you pick the right foods to buy.

:yeahthat:

Those slim fast things taste chalky and nasty :barf:

I dont restrict myself from eating anything I just work out. I only have 10 more pounds lef tof my baby weight:yay:

nobody really

I need a nap

For real -- join a gym if you can afford it - spinning workout (on a bike) is FANTASTIC. Burns about 500 calories an hour. Or just walk for an hour every night. I tried Slim Fast, but it just wasn't filling and I would wind up eating anyways. Exercise is a great appetite supressant

lovinmaryland

For real -- join a gym if you can afford it - spinning workout (on a bike) is FANTASTIC. Burns about 500 calories an hour. Or just walk for an hour every night. I tried Slim Fast, but it just wasn't filling and I would wind up eating anyways. Exercise is a great appetite supressant

I didnt think I would like spinning but I love it. Now I go 3 times a week, I look at those classes as an hour where I can put everything out of my mind (no work, drama, stress, etc) and focus on me.

Midnightrider

I didnt think I would like spinning but I love it. Now I go 3 times a week, I look at those classes as an hour where I can put everything out of my mind (no work, drama, stress, etc) and focus on me.

if you like spinning you should tr rideing a road bike.
you get a better workout, and you are outside doing something......

LilyStargazer

The only way to truely loose weight is to burn more caleries than you eat. So eat right and exercise. There is no quick fix. To loose weight and keep it off is a lifestyle change. If you're just looking to drop a few pounds in like 2 weeks, only eat fruit, veggies, lean meats and complex carbs (100% whole wheat), limiting carbs to the equivilant of 3 pieces of bread a day, eat 6 small meals a day to keep cravings down and to keep from over eating, don't eat after 7pm, Drink only water and lowfat milk and make sure to move more, if you only walk 10 minutes a day every day for a year, you will loose 10lbs, so increase the amount of movement per day for the amount of weight you want to altimatly loose.

I lost 20lbs in 4 months by sticking to this plan

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady

I use the online WW guide and pay $65 for 3 months. To me, its better than paying $14/wk for each weekly meeting and its convenient (computer/internet at work and home). :yay: