Bridge jumper

dn0121

I was delayed this morning and then I got a call and was told someone jumped. Any truth to it?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Gosh...

I think it may just have been a broken down vehicle, but am not sure.......

...I hope it doesn't jump. I mean, broken down is only a temporary condition. It can get help. It's always darkest before the light comes. It can get a tune up or a new tire or maybe even a nice new paint job. Maybe someone could give it a hug and try to get Mr. Goodwrench on the line before something terrible happens?

R

residentofcre

I was delayed this morning and then I got a call and was told someone jumped. Any truth to it?

When I came over the bridge there was a car stopped in the northbound lane... there was a person [looked like a man] slumped over the steering wheel head in his arms...

There were others out of their vehicles but they got back in as we were coming up on the vehicle....

There was a police officer about 10-15 cars back but they had no lights on or anything....

Then when I got to the area where the fencing is up on the southern end of the bridge another police car came up the bridge from the southbound end... he was clearing traffic out on his way up.... I tell you, when you are on a two lane bridge, driving a silverado... and a police officer wants to you make room... there's not a lot of options... but she made it through and then the other officer followed her path...

Don't know if it was a suicide or an attempted suicide or a health emergency... but I know it was not an accident...

...I hope it doesn't jump. I mean, broken down is only a temporary condition. It can get help. It's always darkest before the light comes. It can get a tune up or a new tire or maybe even a nice new paint job. Maybe someone could give it a hug and try to get Mr. Goodwrench on the line before something terrible happens?

I had to read that twice before it sunk in.....

..more coffee required.....:coffee:

:lmao:

Or try Onstar?

:lmao:

Or try Onstar?

"OnStar Operator. May I help you?"

"I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna jump! Don't send the police up here!"

"Oh, ... ok, Sir? I see that you are an early model Dodge. OnStar cannot provide you with support. Would you like the number of the nearest AAA?"

beamher

"OnStar Operator. May I help you?"

"I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna jump! Don't send the police up here!"

"Oh, ... ok, Sir? I see that you are an early model Dodge. OnStar cannot provide you with support. Would you like the number of the nearest AAA?"

:lalala: i don't like those advertisements

R

residentofcre

Nobody jumped......... The call came out as an unconsious person on the bridge thats all I know

That makes sense with what I saw.

Sometimes it's better to stop and block traffic then to drive sick and headon someone else.

Like I said... I saw someone slumped on the steering wheel... like they were sick or something....

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
That makes sense with what I saw.

Sometimes it's better to stop and block traffic then to drive sick and headon someone else.

Like I said... I saw someone slumped on the steering wheel... like they were sick or something....

well i hope they are ok...anybody seen anything else on it?

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I could care less if someone wants to jump off the dang bridge. If you can't deal with life not my problem. I do ask kindly though that if you feel the need to jump please don't block traffic with your car. The rest of us have places to go. TIA.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
I could care less if someone wants to jump off the dang bridge. If you can't deal with life not my problem. I do ask kindly though that if you feel the need to jump please don't block traffic with your car. The rest of us have places to go. TIA.

I will remember that when you are in that situation. What kind of car do you drive?

Please move your car over if you have a medical emergency & are incapable of moving.

:whistle:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I will remember that when you are in that situation. What kind of car do you drive?

Please move your car over if you have a medical emergency & are incapable of moving.

:whistle:

Whatever !!! You are an IDIOT!!! Did you get that. Be very clear, I have not the time patience and most importantly sanity for drama suckin ho bags that can't deal with life. So yet again I say most emphatically if you want to jump by all means go for it, please don't expect me to talk you down off the ledge. I myself have disarmed a gun that someone else held to their head. Life sucks for all of us at times. It is all about learning from it and moving on!!!

bcp

In My Opinion
Whatever !!! You are an IDIOT!!! Did you get that. Be very clear, I have not the time patience and most importantly sanity for drama suckin ho bags that can't deal with life. So yet again I say most emphatically if you want to jump by all means go for it, please don't expect me to talk you down off the ledge. I myself have disarmed a gun that someone else held to their head. Life sucks for all of us at times. It is all about learning from it and moving on!!!

hey, you're the lady that answers the phone at the crises hotline arent you?

P.S. I agree. and, if you are going to do it at rush hour and make me late,, could you at least do it while Im there so I can watch and report on it later?

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Thanks for the Krama !!!!

Bridge jumper 10-13-2007 10:43 PM Actually, you are the idiot. By all means, if they want to jump I say put up a diving board and let them go. A ME is different and we should adjust out 'tudes accordingly. It could have been your family member. Remember that.

IMO, Just one less gift to buy !!!!