the new england patriots

dolemite

Are just too darn good. How do you defend them they have so many weapons? I don't even want to watch it when they play us. On 10/28/07 too make it worse we will be in there stadium so we got to bring our A game.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Are just too darn good. How do you defend them they have so many weapons? I don't even want to watch it when they play us. On 10/28/07 too make it worse we will be in there stadium so we got to bring our A game.

What team do you play for?

OldHillcrestGuy

You know whats going to happen, we have shutdown Manning,Farve,McNabb and stopped the offensive Lions who at the time had the number one offense, watch the Redskins play a great defense, inspite of Carlos Rogers and shut them down like we did the Giants and Packers, and still end up losing because of a mistake like what happend in both the Giants and packer games.

kbeachcat123

Jack Russells RULE!

One of their weapons is CHEATING. Their offensive line coach assistant got caught filming the opposing team's signals. This appears to be the tip of the iceberg.

:patriotssuck:

OC LOVER

Oh man, the skins suck so bad I can't stand to watch them. One heck of a defense, but their offense has major problems. They can't catch! I turned the game off I was so disappointed "AGAIN" in them! As for the Patriots and knowing how the cowboys can come right back, I'm soooo glad to see how bad Tom Brady spanked them. Man that guy is good. And to listen to Terrell try and down play it just made him look as stupid as he already is.

Plan B

They are smart.
Most teams in the NFL, like my Chargers, have dim players in key positions.
The Colts and Pats are mostly brainy. This problem has already ruined most of the NBA. Ad some gangsta mentality and paternaty, and there ya go...

itsbob

I bowl overhand
One of their weapons is CHEATING. Their offensive line coach assistant got caught filming the opposing team's signals. This appears to be the tip of the iceberg.

:patriotssuck:

I could see if they were caught taping an opposing teams signals a week or two before they were scheduled to play them, but the same day? Could that really have helped much?

And if it did, wouldn't a pair of binoculars serve the same purpose and NOT be against the rules??

itsbob

I bowl overhand
...or you happy to see me???

NE Pat's play as a team... that is why they are successfully, they all have he same vision.

I love my Redskins, they are coming together.

I have to give them credit,, they took the biggest piece of crap in the NFL, and made him a team player..

Have to wait and see how he does when the team isn't winning... of course that assumes he'll still be a Patriot in 2021...

hurricane

It's 5 O'clock somewhere!
They are smart.
Most teams in the NFL, like my Chargers, have dim players in key positions.
The Colts and Pats are mostly brainy. This problem has already ruined most of the NBA. Ad some gangsta mentality and paternaty, and there ya go...

They also are able to do 2 things:

1) Pick up guys that other teams may not want, either on
the waiver wire or the draft, and focus on what they can do, instead
of what they cannot (Mike Vrabel, Sammy Morris, Heath Evans, etc).

2) Get guys to "drink the koolaid" in order to get a SB ring
(Corey Dillon, Moss, Harrison).

Oh, and they also have a little luck involved (Tom Brady in the
6th round)...but luck is often the residual of hard work and
good scouting/preparation.

-H

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The idea...

I could see if they were caught taping an opposing teams signals a week or two before they were scheduled to play them, but the same day? Could that really have helped much?

And if it did, wouldn't a pair of binoculars serve the same purpose and NOT be against the rules??

...is formations; what does the D do when they line up like so based on which hand signals from the coach? Teams have base defenses; zone, man, 2 deep, three deep and whatever hybrids, and there are plenty of them, but there are only so many.

Defensive coaches have to signal in by hand what they want while the offense is telling the qb to run 'yellow 30 checkdown zebra 2 curl right toss left gut 60' or some such in his helmet speaker that doesn't much lend itself to hand signals.

So, if you have a tape to look at as to the signal called on the sidelines and match it to the overhead shots everyone has then you can see that a given defensive signal will give a given reaction by the free safety or the corner or whomever it is the team cheating wants to target.

Is the corner breaking straight back, fast, at the snap on the zone call? If so, quick slant. Does the safety come, blitz, on that formation? Then you've got one on one to that side. Play soft across the middle? Hit the TE.

Teams make minor adjustments week to week for the coming opponent. If you can get a line on just a couple of plays, that could be 6 points or 12 pretty quick.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
...is formations; what does the D do when they line up like so based on which hand signals from the coach? Teams have base defenses; zone, man, 2 deep, three deep and whatever hybrids, and there are plenty of them, but there are only so many.

Defensive coaches have to signal in by hand what they want while the offense is telling the qb to run 'yellow 30 checkdown zebra 2 curl right toss left gut 60' or some such in his helmet speaker that doesn't much lend itself to hand signals.

So, if you have a tape to look at as to the signal called on the sidelines and match it to the overhead shots everyone has then you can see that a given defensive signal will give a given reaction by the free safety or the corner or whomever it is the team cheating wants to target.

Is the corner breaking straight back, fast, at the snap on the zone call? If so, quick slant. Does the safety come, blitz, on that formation? Then you've got one on one to that side. Play soft across the middle? Hit the TE.

Teams make minor adjustments week to week for the coming opponent. If you can get a line on just a couple of plays, that could be 6 points or 12 pretty quick.

But from what i understand the camera was recording and not sending live video feed to anyone.. they got caught with the tape after the game..

I could see this being a GREAT advantage if they had taped them a week or two prior to THEIR game.. but taping them at the game?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And just how long...

But from what i understand the camera was recording and not sending live video feed to anyone.. they got caught with the tape after the game..

I could see this being a GREAT advantage if they had taped them a week or two prior to THEIR game.. but taping them at the game?

...do you suppose it takes to look at that tape? Like right then and there on the sidelines.

It'sd instant feedback. Welcome to the digital age, Bob. It's not like they have to send it off to the photo shack and wait for it to come back.

Here's the last play call from the coach.

Here's the picture of what we did and what they did.

Next time they make that call and we're in that formation, tell Tom to run a go to Randy weakside; which probably has a one word name like fire or rocket
or Brady tapping his helmet once or twice while looking at Randy

GreenHornet

I hate what Bill Bellichick did as much as the next guy but what you're saying here is absolutely absurd! There is no way that a video tape of an opposing teams hand signals could be of any use during that particular game. To review the tape to gain an immediate advantage you would first have to stop taping causing the person video taping the signals to miss some of the signals in the process. Then the patriots would have to decipher which hand signals are for each formation that they have photgraphs of. Oh by the way there is always more than one person calling in the hand signals so the patriots would also have to decipher which hand signal is the correct one for the play. There aint no way in hell any team could ever manage a game while trying to do all of this in the process. Bill Belechick claimed that he was in compliance with the rules because he wasn't gaining an advantage in that game. The rule said "videotaping isn't allowed to gain an advantage in that game". I disagree with his interpretation as did the NFL which is why he was fined. I do agree with thim though that he wasn't gaining an advantage in that game... I suppose you also think the Jets could have won that game right?
One things for sure... The Patriots sure as heck aren't cheating right now and their winning - easily! This is because they have some very good players but more importantly it's because as others have mentioned they are a team and play like one. There isn't a team in the NFL that wouldn't go for Bill Bellechick if he was available. Best coach in the league hands down.

BTW I'm a bears fan!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm sure...

but what you're saying here is absolutely absurd! There is no way that a video tape of an opposing teams hand signals could be of any use during that particular game.
BTW I'm a bears fan!

...you're right. I mean, it's not like the signals ever stop, like during a play or a TV timeout. I mean, it's absurd, given the limitations of modern cameras, to think there'd be an opportunity to use that information or, I dunno, have another camera going.

In fact, I'm sure your right because Billichick, who would have no motivation to lie about it, said he was simply gonna use what he gleaned a few months later because there'd be no reason for the Jet's to change anything between then and now, right?

I mean, the pictures teams look at the instant they come off the field, hell, what use is that? How could anyone ever figure all the incredible rocket science of football out in such short order, especially given that coach Bill is virtually alone on the sidelines and in the booth. I mean, you'd probably have to have three or four or five people dedicated to the task. They'd stick out like a sore thumb!

Good points!