Holloween Party

R

residentofcre

We are working on a Holloween Party for the youth of Chesapeake Ranch Estates....

Instead of having our children trick-or-treating on dark streets, we thought we would invite them to a party at the Clubhouse from 6-9 PM on October 31.

If you are a resident of Chesapeake Ranch Estates and you have a child or children in the fifth grade or under... please RSVP to residentofcre and pass the word....

Let's make this a safe night for our children!:coffee:

cdsulhoff

Sorry CRE but my kids would kill me if I didn't take them Trick or Treating.
It is not dangerous if a PARENT goes with the child. Plus a child 5th grade or under should not be trick or treating alone anyways..
Also, If there are parent that do allow their kids to T or T alone. What make you think they are going to bring them to the party?

Instead of doing the party on Halloween night. Maybe you all should of thought about doing a trunk or treat where there is lights. This way the kids can still T or T and be safe.. Kids want to T or T on that day.. Good luck on the turn out.

nobody really

I need a nap
We are working on a Holloween Party for the youth of Chesapeake Ranch Estates....

Instead of having our children trick-or-treating on dark streets, we thought we would invite them to a party at the Clubhouse from 6-9 PM on October 31.

If you are a resident of Chesapeake Ranch Estates and you have a child or children in the fifth grade or under... please RSVP to residentofcre and pass the word....

Let's make this a safe night for our children!:coffee:

Its going to be light this year for trick or treating - the clocks don't "fall back" until the second saturday in November

MMDad

Lem Putt
anyone know of any events in the lexington park area for little kids?

Not in LP city, but on Saturday the 27th Ann Marie Garden will have their trick or treating. $1 per person. We take our kids every year.

Last year the parking area was a giant mud pit and cars were stuck everywhere. It took us forever to get out. Since it doesn't look like they'll have that problem this year, we'll be taking our kids.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Trick or Treat on the Square
Date: 10/27/2007
Time: 3 PM
Duration: 01:00

Trick-or-Treat on the Square
Kids can dress up in their favorite costume and collect treats from participating merchants around the Leonardtown Square on Saturday, October 27th from 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. Bring your goodie bag! Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Sponsored by the Leonardtown Business Association. For more information call 301-475-9791.

MMDad

Lem Putt
You sure? Really think about this then let me know if it still makes sense to you.

Makes sense to me. Last year, we had gone to standard time by Halloween. this year we will still be in DST.

This year sunset will be 6:10 PM. If we were in Standard Time, it would be 5:10 PM. We have one more hour of light this year.

Or were you talking about the fact that clocks change November 4, not the second Saturday?

R

residentofcre

Sorry CRE but my kids would kill me if I didn't take them Trick or Treating.
It is not dangerous if a PARENT goes with the child. Plus a child 5th grade or under should not be trick or treating alone anyways..
Also, If there are parent that do allow their kids to T or T alone. What make you think they are going to bring them to the party?

Instead of doing the party on Halloween night. Maybe you all should of thought about doing a trunk or treat where there is lights. This way the kids can still T or T and be safe.. Kids want to T or T on that day.. Good luck on the turn out.

Another reason to take kids to an event instead of door to door is the treats are safer [well provided they don't come from china...:whistle:] I know that no one gives out apples with needles in them anymore but why take a chance?

Also... it's not easy to take very small children trick or treating... they can only walk so far... then we wind up carrying them, the flashlight, the candy, and any doodads that came with the costume... I remember one year when one of my kids when as a bug and I had the bug eyes banging me in the face while I was trying to carry everything... drag... I love events for very young kids...