Homeowners Associations

LPMEDIC

Doin the duty for you....
What is everyones opinion about HOA's ?? My development has one and it's a joke.... We pay 25 bucks a month for nothing... Had a recent meeting, since its been about a year,, and found out that they have budgeted 2000.00 for the summer for lawn mowing the "common" areas!!! :bs: The area might take 2 hours to mow with a puch mower.. No trahs pick-up, not even street lights on street, hell, they havent even put down finish pavement on the streets...

I SAY DO AWAY WITH THEM!!!!:boo: :boo:

http

Originally posted by Blondie76
Quick question: does the HOA prevent people from putting some god awful stuff in there yard?

Not yet where I live. Mirror balls and pink flamingos are still rampant.

Blondie76

Some of the neighborhoods I drive through in Waldorf have some god awful yards. I didn't think it was possible to put so much crap in a yard.

LPMEDIC

Quick question: does the HOA prevent people from putting some god awful stuff in there yard?

Yes, there is a provision for not allowing abandon vehicles, cars up on blocks, things like that,

but other stuff like, the fence around house cannot extend past the front and cannot be more than 36 inches tall.

about 50 pages of crap!!!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Define "god awful stuff"

Would that be like pink flamingos, lawn ornaments, etc. or old cars, toilet planters, rubber tire tree trims...:lol:

Blondie76

I don't pay one b/c I currently rent a room at a relatives place. I wouldn't mind paying it as long as it was reasonable price and they were actually doing something with the money like improving the neighborhood (i.e. street lights, mowing, paving) and specifically not letting people put all kinds of stuff in their yard to the point it's an eye sore. But if they are not making any improvements in your neighborhood, I would do some serious complaining.

LPMEDIC

I . But if they are not making any improvements in your neighborhood, I would do some serious complaining.

Oh several of us are... I wouldn't even mind paying if it included trash pickup once a week. But... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Blondie76

Originally posted by Sharon
Define "god awful stuff"

Would that be like pink flamingos, lawn ornaments, etc. or old cars, toilet planters, rubber tire tree trims...:lol:

EXACTLY - Don't forget fake deer - maybe some fake rabbits, the cardboard cutout of the lady bending over the garden...:rolleyes:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
..., the cardboard cutout of the lady bending over the garden...:rolleyes:
My personal favorite! :lmao:

They're nothing more than an Organized Group of Busy-Bodies!

Kill them all! :boo:

Blondie76

Originally posted by LPMEDIC
Oh several of us are... I wouldn't even mind paying if it included trash pickup once a week. But... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What - they don't pick up your trash? Or do you have to pay that seperately?

LPMEDIC

What - they don't pick up your trash? Or do you have to pay that seperately?

No trash pick up at all.. If we want that we have to pay extra for it ...

Warron

I can't stand HOA'S. I would pay extra just to stay away from them. I already have about 500 layers of government telling me what to do, why would I voluntarily place myself under another.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by LPMEDIC
AND DON'T FORGET THE DREADED "LAWN GNOMES"!!!!!:yikes: :yikes:
Gnomebird_small.jpg
wpe543.jpg

Gnomes.jpg