after just two days playing in beltway traffic

bcp

In My Opinion
I have a question.

why is it that everytime the traffic backs up and you see a car flying down the shoulder to pass everyone, is it always a personage of the dark skinned persuasion? and, always a male personage of the dark skinned persuasion?

how come white folks dont do this, or do they do it somewhere else and where Im at is the others turn to do it

are there signs somewhere that instruct us as to who it is that has the shoulder right of way?

and, was I wrong to make it look like I was drifting to the shoulder for a second the other morning? Respus seemed to be cursing me an awful lot when I did that to him.
and, was it wrong of me this morning not to let them in and force them around the corner on the shoulder into the waiting and loving hands of the officer writing tickets for same?

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I have a question.

why is it that everytime the traffic backs up and you see a car flying down the shoulder to pass everyone, is it always a personage of the dark skinned persuasion? and, always a male personage of the dark skinned persuasion?

how come white folks dont do this, or do they do it somewhere else and where Im at is the others turn to do it

are there signs somewhere that instruct us as to who it is that has the shoulder right of way?

and, was I wrong to make it look like I was drifting to the shoulder for a second the other morning? Respus seemed to be cursing me an awful lot when I did that to him.
and, was it wrong of me this morning not to let them in and force them around the corner on the shoulder into the waiting and loving hands of the officer writing tickets for same?

:lmao: Don't people suck?

well, at least the one got what was coming to him :yay:

and i like the "drifting over" thing...i've done that before lol. people are such bad daggone drivers. i don't wanna talk about it cuz its going to start a rant lol

W

Wenchy

The only times I've been passed on the shoulder is on 235 (pale skinned boys in either ricers or jacked up pickups) I find the beltway tame in comparison.

Women in large SUV's with cell phones pressed to their ears have a tendency to pull out in front of me wherever I am.

bohman

I have a question.

I did a year commuting on 495, Silver Spring area. If that's the worst thing you saw this week, count your blessings. Get out while you're ahead; go home and leave the beltway to the seasoned road warriors.

495 isn't even the worst out there. Rt. 50 westbound before 6am has all the same idiocy, but never below 70mph. Just for the added risk of death.

A

amotley

I have just moved back to the great state of Maryland from southside Richmond Virginia and they do it down there all the time! I always find myself drifting to the right side just enough to make them unable to go any further! As I waatch them cuss and complain and I snicker with enjoyment!!! Something about making them wait just like I am makes me feel better down deep. As for the color of their skin down there are the white boys with the big trucks or the darker ones with the foreign jobs! As for the ladies in the suv I think they seek everyone out, and they are not cell phones...they are actually devices that tell them pull out now and piss that person off! What gets me are the ones with kids that flick you off when they pull out in front of you! go figure wonder what they will be doing when they grow up!!!!! Ok Im done now lol :lalala::jerry:

I wonder what would happen if these same people riding and passing on the shoulder would cut in line at a reteraunt?

I guess they are in a rush to get into work? Friggin' A-holes... I hate 'em... Karma will get them...

What gets me are the ones with kids that flick you off when they pull out in front of you!

Funny you mention this - last week I picked my wife up for lunch and was cutting through St. Charles and made it to an intersection. I was making a right turn (on a green) and across the 4-lane a young girl w/ passenger in a convertable was making a left on a green (same lanes so she yields). She just guns in and cuts me off. I jammed on my brakes and thought "WTF" - and tossed my hands up in the air... as she tore off she stuck her hand up in there air and flipped ME off!

Well, my foot found the floorboard (no one else around) and I pulled up to her at the next light, rolled my window down and asked her 'kindly' if "she wanted me to snap off her finger and jam it up her #$%" - her response was that "I did it first"... hmmm... my wife laughed and asked her that if she wanted to discuss the matter to 'please let her know now so she could call our lawer to get ready'. Mind you - we did not yell or scream, but did say it so they understood we were serious. Light turn green and they sat there for about 10 seconds while we pulled away, nice and easy.

I think they got the message... at least for the day.

hurricane

It's 5 O'clock somewhere!
I did a year commuting on 495, Silver Spring area. If that's the worst thing you saw this week, count your blessings. Get out while you're ahead; go home and leave the beltway to the seasoned road warriors.

495 isn't even the worst out there. Rt. 50 westbound before 6am has all the same idiocy, but never below 70mph. Just for the added risk of death.

After spending the majority of my life in the Boston area dealing with traffic, and now 8 years in SoMd and commuting to Camp Springs, I am torn as to which drivers are worse. At least up there, I could anticipate someone acting like a jerk. :nono: I must be losing it, tho, because I have been found myself more "surprised" by bad drivers since moving here.

-H

hurricane

It's 5 O'clock somewhere!
you'll be shocked if you ever drive in europe.....esp in Italy :jameo:

Or Great Britain...all those people drive on the WRONG side of the road!
And by their hand gestures and faces, you would think that I was the one
who was mistaken!!

:pete:

you'll be shocked if you ever drive in europe.....esp in Italy :jameo:

I love to drive in Germany!

Italy - my first 24 hours in Naples I wanted to get the heck out of there!!! But after that, I got used to it.

When I came back home it was hard to stop at a red light when no one was coming the other way!!!

onebdzee

off the shelf
I have a question.

I had a blonde in a sports car try and do it to me today....she really didn't think it was funny when I drifted over just slightly and she almost hit that jersey wall(19 yr old laughing in the passanger seat) :biggrin:

R

roscoe69@verizo

Your observation is fact, I see it it all the time. That shoulder has it's own name in reference to said priviledged individuals that get to use it.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
When I'm in my truck I do that. I'll wait till they get close then dart into the shoulder, either they slam on the brakes, run off the road, or hit me. :lmao: No one has hit me yet, have put a few of 'em in the bushes. Can't do that in the company truck though.