Wedding Catering

glazeteresa

Sugarplum
My partner and I are having a commitment cermony in March 2008.
We are looking for a good caterer at a decent price. Any suggestions?
Few places we have checked out are between 2500 and 5000 dollars
for 100 people... way to much!!! thanks, Teresa

S

snowflake

Try Rita B's Catering in Mechanicsville (Rita Buckler). She catered my wedding in July and the food was great and the price was good too!

thebird

First, Congrats! Second, how many people would you be having? Is it going to be a big, fancy affair or just close family and friends? What time of year?

wineo

loving life
Debs catering is great and she will do pretty much what you want, she also is known for her cakes. PM me for details

S

snowflake

Rita's is the best around by far but she probably won't do such a small party.

We only had a party of 70 people, and she catered our wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:

lovinmaryland

Well I am sure she didnt start out only doing big functions... is she too big for a party of 100 now :shrug:

At the wedding I went to that she catered I thought the food was good for the price they paid... but it was not on the level of other caterers from other weddings i have been too. JMO

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill

You play softball? :bubble:

Vinny_DP said:

You obviously don't know Rita. :rolleyes:

glazeteresa

Sugarplum
Thank you all for your help... I will check them out.
I played softball when I was a teenager.... but not for
awhile now. Teresa

kalmd

I've been to a couple events catered by Stone's Butcher/Deli located in Mechanicsville. Food was good, but I have no idea about the pricing.

JMILL24

Cubscout MoM
I just got married on the 6th. A freind gave me the number of a great women who has been doing it on the side for years. She met with me,offered a bunch of idea's and supplies. The food was even better then I had expected and she also kept adding extra apps at the last minute. And best of all she only charged $2,000 for 100 people. Send me a privite message and I'll pass her name and number on to you. She was really great!!

surfer1

I can't say enough good things about Thompsons caterers!! There store is in the walmart shoppong center in laplata-go in and get a menu. :yum:Great variety to choose from and Paul thompson helps you through the menu with suggestions. Their food and service is always great. I have never heard a complaint about them and I think they are reasonable. Good luck with your planning!

I can't say enough good things about Thompson's caterers!! There store is in the walmart shopping center in laplata-go in and get a menu. :yum:Great variety to choose from and Paul thompson helps you through the menu with suggestions. Their food and service is always great. I have never heard a complaint about them and I think they are reasonable. Good luck with your planning!

Hands down Thompson's - they do a WONDERFUL job! The food is really, really good :drool:, it is making me hungry just thinking about them... plus it does not taste like a typical "buffet" line, that is the only catering I have seen them do and believe me, it was good. The price they quoted was too good to be true (for a Cub Scout dinner).

Congratulations and Good Luck!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Have Patsy and Eddie Bailey completely retired yet? I know they did the food for the hospitality tent at the Blessing of the Fleet. (Patsy's stuffed ham is almost as good as mine.)