Old Great Mills Road

Riddler

Slow day...

Just curious if anyone else besides me gets pissed off when people use Old Great Mills Road as a "short-cut" to go north on Rt 5 from Great Mills Road between 4-5 PM? They must be more important than the rest of us since they can't wait their turn.

I wish they would close northbound access to Rt 5 from that road.

runnerboy1500

That is just as annoying as people that do not understand:
how to merge
and that traffic needs to work like a "zipper" in that situation

MMDad

Lem Putt
I do find those people rude and arrogant, but as long as it is legal the real fault lies with the county and state for making the road that way.

wineo

loving life
I make it a point not to let them in. I know thats bad mojo, but they can wait like I have to.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I've always hate the design of the road there and wished they had closed it off when it was redone slightly differently when the Sheetz was put there. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people like myself who stop at Sheetz and then legitimately use that as an exit to get back on Route 5 to continue heading north but find it a pain to get out because other drivers think I'm one of the people trying to "cut in line." :ohwell:

G

Gemmi

I've always hate the design of the road there and wished they had closed it off when it was redone slightly differently when the Sheetz was put there. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people like myself who stop at Sheetz and then legitimately use that as an exit to get back on Route 5 to continue heading north but find it a pain to get out because other drivers think I'm one of the people trying to "cut in line." :ohwell:

:yeahthat:

CAPPY2609

dont be dumb
If all the asses and idiots with cell phones would simply do the overall speed that traffic is flowing, change lanes quickly and not drift for 200 yards straddling 2 lanes before turning, and push the county govt to recognize that that whole interchange down the is the fkn bottleneck. You people wouldnt cry about people "cutting" in line.
You all take it personal that others simply want to get the heck home more than you. Speed up, cell phone off! :boxing:

G

Gemmi

I almost always let someone out. Common courtesy. Also when I'm leaving Sheetz someone will usually let me out.

MMDad

Lem Putt

And there are people who live on that road and need to get out. As long as it's legal, don't blame the people who do it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
And there are people who live on that road and need to get out. As long as it's legal, don't blame the people who do it.

Again, I don't. I said people who legitimately use the road such as to get out of Sheetz and who live on that road. The ones who get me are the ones who cut through and then try to bully their way into traffic. I normally let in folks sitting there but if I see someone barreling down that road in order to beat sitting at the light, I am not going to let them in.

brownda2

The only way out of Sheetz is on that road. I stop in there on my way home sometimes and the only way out of there is on that road. They won't be closing it down.:howdy:
Slow day...

Just curious if anyone else besides me gets pissed off when people use Old Great Mills Road as a "short-cut" to go north on Rt 5 from Great Mills Road between 4-5 PM? They must be more important than the rest of us since they can't wait their turn.

I wish they would close northbound access to Rt 5 from that road.

jenbengen

Watch it
That is just as annoying as people that do not understand:
how to merge
and that traffic needs to work like a "zipper" in that situation

:yeahthat: I don't mind the people who get in the right lane at the light- some people get annoyed and don't let them through. But if we all merged like merging was intended, it keeps traffic moving.

As for the old Great Mills Rd...I don't see how it's much shorter. I feel sorry for the people coming out of Sheetz who don't get let out because others think they are cheaters. :lmao:

But seriously, if this the worst of our traffic complaints, I'll say "thank you" and move on. I try to keep it in perspective when I get annoyed. Most areas are WAY worse.

Toxick

Splat

:evil::evil::evil:

It has nothing to do with being more important than anyone, and it has everything to do with seeing an opening and taking it. I don't see the BFD. It's perfectly legal.

Do you never shave off time from your trip when the opportunity presents itself?

Here's what I like to do when the traffic from the 5/GMR intersection runs all the way down to Park Hall:

Make like you're turning onto Great Mills Road and get into the turning lane, you can zip down that lane for at least 3/4 of a mile, bypassing all the traffic. Turn onto Great Mills Road, drive around Sheetz and then back out onto Rt 5. That'll knock off at least 15 minutes of PITA driving and waiting.

:yay:

basher

LEET
The only way out of Sheetz is on that road. I stop in there on my way home sometimes and the only way out of there is on that road. They won't be closing it down.:howdy:

I think they also have those crack houses along the right side of the road