Rt. 235 Southbound shut down this morning

Pushrod

Patriot
in California on my way into work. They were routing traffic through the Walmart shopping center parking lot. Couldn't see what the shutdown was for, there were no vehicles on 235 on that block. There were 3 police vehicles on the side of the road in front of the St. Mary's Square shopping center (past the road closure) with their emergency lights on but I didn't see any cars pulled over.

I heard the road is open now. Really weird.

awpitt

Main Streeter
in California on my way into work. They were routing traffic through the Walmart shopping center parking lot. Couldn't see what the shutdown was for, there were no vehicles on 235 on that block. There were 3 police vehicles on the side of the road in front of the St. Mary's Square shopping center (past the road closure) with their emergency lights on but I didn't see any cars pulled over.

St. Mary's Square shopping center is on Great Mills Road. No where near Wal Mart. Did you mean something else??

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!

I heard a few things going on on the scanner on/off after 4AM. I don't wanna state what was heard because 1. I don' know whatthe heck has happened. 2. I know enough to be pretty sure they were investigating what could have been a pretty serious crime and I don'twanna say anything to jeopardize the investigation. But from listening to it I am not even sure the Police have a good handle on it yet so I don't wanna mess 'em up.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
I heard a few things going on on the scanner on/off after 4AM. I don't wanna state what was heard because 1. I don' know whatthe heck has happened. 2. I know enough to be pretty sure they were investigating what could have been a pretty serious crime and I don'twanna say anything to jeopardize the investigation. But from listening to it I am not even sure the Police have a good handle on it yet so I don't wanna mess 'em up.

Oh Jeff, it was on the scanner so :tap:

:lol: At least tell us If SOMEONE is wanted...

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
I guess I could go ahead and say that from what I could understand there is no threat to the people living/working in/around that area.

Pushrod

Patriot
St. Mary's Square shopping center is on Great Mills Road. No where near Wal Mart. Did you mean something else??

Yeah, I meant whatever the shopping center that holds Nicolletti's is. I get the names of all the shopping centers mixed up any more, must be age related dementia!

onebdzee

off the shelf
Yeah, I meant whatever the shopping center that holds Nicolletti's is. I get the names of all the shopping centers mixed up any more, must be age related dementia!

Nicolletti's is down by Sheetz....why would they route traffic thru the Wally world parking lot? :confused:

MMDad

Lem Putt
The road was open at 7:10, but the north Walmart entrance was blocked with cones. No idea what was up.

Jeff?

I think they are working on the Northern intersection going into WM. They had the entrance blocked off with cones this a.m. and had some equipment sitting around.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
The road was open at 7:10, but the north Walmart entrance was blocked with cones. No idea what was up.

Jeff?

Buddy I know just enough to know that I don't know enough. I have a feeling they are still trying to piece things together and I am scared I might Boogar it up for 'em.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
I think they are working on the Northern intersection going into WM. They had the entrance blocked off with cones this a.m. and had some equipment sitting around.

I gotta admit I am sitting here scratching my head about this Walmart Connection here. Does not quite fit what little I heard.

But the 3 Officers sitting a bit further south kinda hit the nail on the head.

Last edited:

Vince

Yeah, the guy was out there setting up the cones at 5:30 this morning when I came through. :shrug:

Pushrod

Patriot
I gotta admit I am sitting here scratching my head about this Walmart Connection here. Does not quite fit what little I heard.

But the 3 Officers sitting a bit further south kinda hit the nail on the head.

It could have been two unrelated instances which were happening at the same time. It was just weird that they routed us around that stretch of 235 and I could see no activity happening on it.

bigjoe64

Paint/Construction crew

At 0545 there was a work crew that appeared to be painting lines on the ground. That is code for causing a major traffic diversion for the morning commute.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
It could have been two unrelated instances which were happening at the same time. It was just weird that they routed us around that stretch of 235 and I could see no activity happening on it.

I dunno if related or unrelated.