Time to throw out your John Deere caps

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
'Everything Is So Five Minutes Ago'

June 11, 2003 05:05 AM EDT

A year or so ago, mesh trucker caps, the kind with the peaked foam facade screaming ''John Deere'' and other never-in-New York logos, perched on the pates of intrepid hipsters in such edgy haunts as Williamsburg, a Brooklyn neighborhood.

Now, Ashton Kutcher, the kind of guy who graces the cover of YM magazine, wears them.

In other words, now they're not exactly cool.

''As soon as Ashton Kutcher adopts a trend, that's when you know it's over,'' says Robert Lanham, Williamsburg denizen and author of the recently published Hipster Handbook. Ditto Kutcher's female counterpoint, Avril Lavigne, she of the erstwhile-edgy studded leather cuffs.

full story

http

I agree with most of the story but as far as the John Deere hat, Ashton is actually pretty qualified to wear it. He is bona fide redneck farm boy, grew up in Iowa in a town of 100! He did #### me off when he sported a boy scout hat the other day. I've been rockin cub scout hats for years now. Best thing I guess for me though, people were beginning to look at me like a pedophile.

I wish, but that wasn't one of my auctions. I was just trying to persuade people to not throw out their John Deere hats (instead let me buy them for .10 each at your yardsale. haha). I haven't had a change to put mine up on ebay yet.