Miss Siagon

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Vietnamese place in Waldorf; right by the mall across from Lonestar. The place rocks. I'd never had Vietnamese food until a couple weeks ago and I'll have to say I'm very impressed. I'm not big on Chinese food. Very different types of food. The food rocked, the service was great. The prices weren't too bad either. My mom and I both ate lunch for under $20 and the portions were big.

SmallTown

Football season!
On average, what is Vietnamese like? Spicy? Salty? Sweet? Bland?

What are some good dishes? Whenever I try a new chinese place, I always order the General Tso's chicken as a comparison. Guess I'll need to find a new dish for Vietnamese food. Do they have anything similar to the general tso's on a vietnamese menu?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Use to stop at a Vietnamese place in PG years ago. Food was always really good.

cat.gif
nibble6.gif
wolfgang.gif

j/k... *but still ducking*

Originally posted by SmallTown
On average, what is Vietnamese like? Spicy? Sweet? ...
Yes.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I've only been there a few times but I've had the seafood soup and the "Pho," it's some kind of noodle soup. Teh main dish I always get is on rice noodles. I'd never even seen rice noodles before. They're very this almost like angle hair pasta and bright white. They're not all slimy like Chinese noodles are. You can get several things on top of them. I usually get the spring rolls. Kinda like an eggroll but meat filled instead. If I don't get those I get the pork or beef. It's grilled. It's all topped with some finely chopped veggies and sauce on the side. I use only the sauce they gave me but my mom also put some real soy sauce on hers. Real soy sauce isn't watery it's kinda thick like ketchup.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by SmallTown
On average, what is Vietnamese like? Spicy? Salty? Sweet? Bland?

What are some good dishes? Whenever I try a new chinese place, I always order the General Tso's chicken as a comparison. Guess I'll need to find a new dish for Vietnamese food. Do they have anything similar to the general tso's on a vietnamese menu?

I don't know how to classify it. I wouldn't say it was spicy or sweet. It was just different. I expected it to be a lot like Chinese food which I don't like but it wasn't. I did notice some red stars next to some things on the menu, I'm assuming that meant those things were spicy like in other Oriental places. It actually felt very healthy to eat. Which is one reason I think I don't care for Chinese food. The noodles are very heavy in the stomach and the sauces are so thick.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
:yum: Thanks for the heads up Pixie. Yea Christy, let's plan a road trip to Waldork town and get us some vietnamese food before they go out of business.