Apartment Hunting in & Around Lexington Park

ZildjianB

I'm a young professional apartment hunting in & around the Lexington Park area. 1 BR, 1 Bath, Kitchen, unfurnished, affordable ($750/month or under), etc. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Not sure what the rent rates are now, but I lived in Queen Anne for about 3 years and really liked it. Even though it's in Lexington Park, it wasn't right next to any of the low-income housing so it wasn't all ghetto-fied. I lived in a 2-bedroom for a while, then in a 3-bedroom and both were very good sizes. They also offer some 1-bedrooms. You should check them out!

Hello6

Princess of Mean
I lived in Green View Villiage Apts, listed under Cherry Cove Realty. It was nice enough, not too many azz clowns for neighbors but a high turnover rate. I was paying 575 for a 2 bedroom but I couldn't quote the square footage. Less than 1000 for sure though.

Warron

The Greens is about that much for a 1 bedroom, 1 bath. The Mayfaire as well. But considering all the construction and such occuring around the Mayfaire, I don't know if that will be a good place to live for awhile.

ZildjianB

Thanks for your responses everyone. I plan on looking into these places this weekend. Also, feel free to post any places you'd recommend avoiding as well. You all have already saved me a ton of time... much appreciated :biggrin:.

ZildjianB

St. Mary's Landing

Anyone have info (good/bad) on St. Mary's Landing? They are one of the few places in the area that I have been able to find with apartments opening up in the near future. Are there any areas of the city I should be staying away from? Thanks.

St. Mary's Landing
21590 Pacific Drive
Lexington Park, MD 20653

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I believe that these are the ones off GM Rd. behind where ManTech used to be. Across from the golf range.

I wouldn't live back there.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Yes, the road to the apartment complex does come out on Pegg Road - it also has an entrance on Great Mills Road by the old ManTech building.

Here's some info I found on them:

St. Mary's Landing apartments

I have a friend who lived in one several years ago. They seemed pretty nice back then, but I didn't spend much time there.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cariblue
Anybody, what's the name of the townhouses just across the bridge, on the left in Solomons?
Solomons Landing. My Mom bought two there. Leasing one out while the other is being built. Then they move back.

ZildjianB

Originally posted by jazz lady
Yes, the road to the apartment complex does come out on Pegg Road - it also has an entrance on Great Mills Road by the old ManTech building.

Here's some info I found on them:

St. Mary's Landing apartments

I have a friend who lived in one several years ago. They seemed pretty nice back then, but I didn't spend much time there.
Thanks for the link. I've found a good deal of info regarding these apartments online, but there are no reviews of them on aptratings.com, unfortunately.
I didn't know the road went through. I don't think I'd like living anywhere off of Great Mills Road, either. Westbury looks nice enough, and I have friends who live there...I'd just be concerned about theft and vandalism because it's so close to a questionable part of town.

Z, did you check Spyglass apartments in Cedar Cove?
Yeah, I gave them a call and they do not have anything opening up for me until Aug. 14. :frown:
Anybody, what's the name of the townhouses just across the bridge, on the left in Solomons?

Z, this is not the best area in the world for apartments.
Yeah, I'm beginning to see that. Any suggestions on somewhere else I can look around for an apartment? It just has to be a reasonable commute to Bradley Blvd in Lexington Park. Thanks again everyone.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
No. You're other left. Isn't that Patuxent Point or something?
I think there are some new ones going in over there, but I too cannot remember the name.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by ZildjianB
It just has to be a reasonable commute to Bradley Blvd in Lexington Park.
Have you tried "The Greens" on Willows Road? They are about a mile from Bradley Blvd.