Found Dog

SoMDMama82

Does anybody recognize this dog? It was found Saturday morning, somewhere on Three Notch Road (more than likely somewhere between the Wawa at the 5/235 split, and Charlotte Hall). My friend was told it was almost hit by 3 cars, and she currently has it in her fenced in back yard. She said the doge is friendly, has blue eyes, and a orange collar. I believe she said it had a part of a chain or tie attached to it's collar, like it had broken free.

She is trying to find it's owners. She said she was going to call local pounds and give the description in case the owners come looking for him.

Attachments

• Lost Dog.jpg
    Lost Dog.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 279

wineo

loving life
Right before the split on Rt. 5 is house that has a sign for Mary's Little Lamb Day Care, she also has a lot of dogs she has rescued, you could stop there and see if it is one of hers or she might be able to help. The house in on the left going north on 5 you can't miss it. If you get to Villiage Rd, turn around and it should be the 3rd house on the right. Look for the sign.

SoMDMama82

That would be a long way for the dog to have travelled unless someone picked it up in a vehicle and transported it. Poor baby.

Actually, it was picked up in a bus coming from Leonardtown. My friend offered to take it and place it in her back yard since it was fenced in. So, I'm not EXACTLY sure where the dog was when it was picked up. All the lady said was "Three Notch Road".

SoMDMama82

Right before the split on Rt. 5 is house that has a sign for Mary's Little Lamb Day Care, she also has a lot of dogs she has rescued, you could stop there and see if it is one of hers or she might be able to help. The house in on the left going north on 5 you can't miss it. If you get to Villiage Rd, turn around and it should be the 3rd house on the right. Look for the sign.

Nobody happens to have the number to Mary's Little Lamb Day Care, do you??? Thought it might be a bit easier for my friend to call and see if she's missing a pooch before going and knocking on her door.

And thanks for everybody's help!:howdy:

Also, any ideas on who she can call to report a found dog, I know animal control/pound, but any other ideas? We can always make flyers. Just trying to help my friend out. She has 2 boys, a husband, 2 dogs, a cat, and a bird already. I really don't think she wants to add this one to the bunch. :smile:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Nobody happens to have the number to Mary's Little Lamb Day Care, do you??? Thought it might be a bit easier for my friend to call and see if she's missing a pooch before going and knocking on her door.

And thanks for everybody's help!:howdy:

Also, any ideas on who she can call to report a found dog, I know animal control/pound, but any other ideas? We can always make flyers. Just trying to help my friend out. She has 2 boys, a husband, 2 dogs, a cat, and a bird already. I really don't think she wants to add this one to the bunch. :smile:

my family had a dog come to our house one time (it was a little black dog, don't remember the kind now though..) but it had managed to come all through the woods in the pouring down rain (we found out later the house was right through the woods lol). so we took it in and had them put one of those messages on channel 10 (the local channel...ya know?). Within a day or two the people came to get it. I'd say try that.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
:

You could take it to a vet and have it scanned for a chip..........:shrug:

SoMDMama82

You could take it to a vet and have it scanned for a chip..........:shrug:

If the owner hasn't even called into animal control and/or the humane society, then I doubt they would have placed a chip in the dog.

She's been calling both places every couple days. Her husband has given her till tomorrow to find it's owner, if she doesn't it's going to the humane society. It will have a better chance there of not being put down than animal control.

THANKS EVERYBODY FOR THE HELP!!! :flowers:

Unfortunatley, all the leads were unsuccessful :frown:

SoMDMama82

OK, my friend bought herself till Monday. She finally got in touch with the lady who found the dog, and she said she found the dog on Three Notch Rd, just north of Lexington Park. The lady said she would post flyers down there.

Honestly, after a week and nobody has reported this dog missing, I don't know if the owners should get the dog back. It doesn't seem they are too concerned about the dog. It'll just be a shame if the dog goes to the humane society, doesn't find a good home, and ends up being put down.

Anybody out there interested in a dog? Don't know how old he is, but he's very friendly. My friend has been taking good care of him, giving her pig ears to chew on, feeding him, and playing with him. But she just can't keep him.

RadioCtrlDWife

dog needing home

Anybody out there interested in a dog? Don't know how old he is, but he's very friendly.
Does he get along with cats? Is he house trained? We have a middle aged cat with a nice personality who has never met a dog face to face, so this would be our main concern.
Bill and Kim

SoMDMama82

A Humane society will not put down..only the shelter...someone posted here they lost a pug but I think it was a tan one..

They told my friend the dog has a better chance there than the animal shelter, but they have so many animals right now that there is a chance the dog will be put down.

SoMDMama82

They told my friend the dog has a better chance there than the animal shelter, but they have so many animals right now that there is a chance the dog will be put down.

Well, the humane society doesn't put them down theirself. If they can't find a home, they give it to the shelter, and the shelter doesn't have room, so they put the dog down.

SoMDMama82

Does he get along with cats? Is he house trained? We have a middle aged cat with a nice personality who has never met a dog face to face, so this would be our main concern.
Bill and Kim

She doesn't know about cats. She has a cat, and she said the dog didn't act like he wanted to eat it, but if your cat has never been around a dog, this one might be too playful for him.

The dog does get along with her dogs, and her boys though.