week 8

thedoug

Let's start with injuries

Rudi Johnson - Don't count on it
Jamal Lewis - I'll get back to him on saturday.
Travis Henry - Bruised ribs shouldn't keep him from too much action
Andre Johnson - Might finally be back this week
MoJo Drew - Might be out this week
David Garrard - Will be out this week
Fred Taylor - Will be busy this week
Darrick Ward - Might be out this week
LJ Smith - Should be back this week
D Jack - Might not play, common among a 49ers offense this season
Chris Brown - Probably won't run it, run it
Vince Young - Had his fill of Madden Curse for the year

OK after I sold myself on Michael Bennett last week I went 4-4, I think he was my only week spot for the week so he is on the bench until he becomes a starter. Apparently the Bucs like Graham more than I thought. Anyway on to this weeks starters:

Eli
Schaub
Ben
Kitna
Peyton
Pennington (Yes, the one that plays for the Jets and has the world thinking his job is on the line)
Brady (If he were anyone else or had different receivers he wouldn't be on this list)

Steve Smith
Andre Davis
Hines Ward
Santonio Holmes (Apparently he can catch better than everyone thought)
Roy Williams
Reggie Wayne
Laverneous Coles

Willie Parker
LaDanian Tomlinson
LenDale White
Brandon Jacobs
Fred Taylor
Jesse Chatman and Jason Wright also have potentially big weeks.

Cooley
Shockey
Gates
Dallas Clark

PIT
SF
CLE
IND
NE
TEN

And to sit this week:

Gray and all JAX WRs
V Young and all TEN WRs
Brees and all NO WRs
David Carr
Tarvaris Jackson and all MIN WRs
Jason Campbell and all WAS WRs
Marty Booker

Ahman Green and Ron Dayne
Rudi Johnson and Kenny Watson
Maroney
Benson
Westbrook
Steven Jackson/ Brian Leonard

STL
CIN
HOU
CAR
CHI
MIA

Joebagel

Why would you sit westbrook against the 26th ranked Defense? He is a much better choice than Taylor who has to split carries (Drew is expected to play) and is going up against a good bucs Defense.

And no Palmer or Cinci WR? Where is Plaxico on your list? Going against that Fins D that gave up 6 passing TDs last week, he would definitly be on my list.

thedoug

Why would you sit westbrook against the 26th ranked Defense? He is a much better choice than Taylor who has to split carries (Drew is expected to play) and is going up against a good bucs Defense.

And no Palmer or Cinci WR? Where is Plaxico on your list? Going against that Fins D that gave up 6 passing TDs last week, he would definitly be on my list.

Plaxico is on my list, just missed him, but he is a definite start for the week and might even put Toomer as a number 3.

Palmer and Cincy WR not on the list because they are playing PIT. I'm not saying not to start him, I am just not saying he is going to be a top performer.

How is MIN run D the 26th best? They give up 3 yards per carry (2nd in the NFL), 76.5 yards per game (4th in the NFL), and have only allowed 1 rushing TD (tied for best in the NFL).

There is a difference between Drew hopes to play and is expected to play. Taylor is not injured and leads the team in carries anyway. If JD is upgraded to probable then definitely play him over Taylor, but until then Taylor is a better bet. As far as the Buc's D, yes they are great... against the pass. I'm not saying their run D is bad, but they are overmatched against JAX. 21st in yards per game, tied for fourth most TDs allowed, and allow 4 yards per carry. TB alowed Shaun Alexander his best game of the season, half of Steven Jackson's yards for the season, and 5 rushing TDs in the last 3 weeks. If that's not enough, a lack of passing game will help Taylor.

thedoug

Rudi Johnson - Still, on't count on it
Jamal Lewis - Looking better and might play
Travis Henry - Chack back sunday morning
Andre Johnson - Might finally be back this week
MoJo Drew - Will probably play sunday
David Garrard - Will be out this week
Darrick Ward - Likely to be out this week
LJ Smith - Will be back this week
D Jack - Probably won't play
Chris Brown - Probably won't run it, run it
Vince Young - Had his fill of Madden Curse for the year

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Schaub is a game time decision according to sirius NFL. FWIW Vinny T is starting for Carolina.

thedoug

Schaub is probable, play him unless you think the Chargers are going to put him out of the game early (just being realistic). Don't play Testeverde.

thedoug

Schaub is playing
Coles is limited at best
Andre Johnson is doubtful
MoJo is still questionable
Rudi Johnson is out
Chad Johnson is in
Jurevicous is in
Jamal Lewis is limited at best
Marvin Harrison is out
Burress is limited at best
Amani Toomer should be a good play this week
Ben Watson is questionable

thedoug

Schaub is probable, play him unless you think the Chargers are going to put him out of the game early (just being realistic). Don't play Testeverde.

Ummm... I would like to apologize for jynxing Matt Schaub, best of luck in a speedy recovery and many years in the NFL.