neighbor with an attitude

suddenlysingle

I happen to be a working mother. A week ago, I waited for my son's bus to pick him up. When the bus left, I had to wait for the baracade of three year olds whos mothers are off to the side enjoying their social hour. I got agitated and made a gesture of, get your kids. These women are now really upset with me. I am on a time crunch to get to work on time. I was irritated and I know it showed. My neighborhood is filled with sahm's. No matter how I handled it, they would probably have an attitude. I try to wave as I drive by in the morning. I think they might not realize what a tight schedule I keep. Any suggestions?

R

residentofcre

I've been there... I've been there several times on both sides of the issue... although I wasn't a sahm very long... couldn't stand it.... I've tried ignoring, I've tried #####ing, I've tried re-scheduling... the only thing that works is friendship. I'm sorry you're suddenly single... it must hurt just a touch... believe me tho being a sahm isn't all it's cracked up to be either.

The sahms are getting the only adult communication they really get face to face in some cases. You are so lucky to be able to get around other adults every day.

Invite one of them over for a cup of coffee... or take a walk when you see them out... on a day when you aren't too rushed. They are stuck at home married... and some of them are barely seeing an adult... Talk to them... you all have something in common... you're neighbors...

Geek

Maybe you should have taken the time to roll down the window and say "Excuse me ladies, I have to get by, could you please scoop up your kids so I know they are safe before I take off? Thanks, have a great day."

SAHMs usually can still comunicate. Don't sit there waving like they are cattle. It would take you 5 seconds to be polite.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I happen to be a working mother. A week ago, I waited for my son's bus to pick him up. When the bus left, I had to wait for the baracade of three year olds whos mothers are off to the side enjoying their social hour. I got agitated and made a gesture of, get your kids. These women are now really upset with me. I am on a time crunch to get to work on time. I was irritated and I know it showed. My neighborhood is filled with sahm's. No matter how I handled it, they would probably have an attitude. I try to wave as I drive by in the morning. I think they might not realize what a tight schedule I keep. Any suggestions?

I am confused ? Are you saying that you work at night? : shrug: I only ask because you stated that the jam was when you picked your son up. I would propose that if you work at night maybe you could ask whoever watches your son at night be the one to get him from the bus stop so you won't be in such a rush. Hope it all works out. :flowers:

MDTerps

Back in the saddle

I am confused ? Are you saying that you work at night? : shrug: I only ask because you stated that the jam was when you picked your son up. I would propose that if you work at night maybe you could ask whoever watches your son at night be the one to get him from the bus stop so you won't be in such a rush. Hope it all works out. :flowers:

She said she waited for the bus "to pick him up". Not "she waited to pick him up".

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
She said she waited for the bus "to pick him up". Not "she waited to pick him up".

I get it now. :whack: I just wasn't getting that the three year olds were just there with mom, while their older siblings are catching the bus.

I take my kids to school each day and drop them off. They go to an after program as well that ends right after I get off work. It saves me the daycare but if I am off just a minute or so in my schedule it can throw the whole day out of whack. So I can relate.

smcop

QUOTE=Geek;2448780]Maybe you should have taken the time to roll down the window and say "Excuse me ladies, I have to get by, could you please scoop up your kids so I know they are safe before I take off? Thanks, have a great day."

SAHMs usually can still comunicate. Don't sit there waving like they are cattle. It would take you 5 seconds to be polite.[/QUOTE]

:yeahthat:
Sounds reasonable to me?

camily

Peace
Maybe you should have taken the time to roll down the window and say "Excuse me ladies, I have to get by, could you please scoop up your kids so I know they are safe before I take off? Thanks, have a great day."

SAHMs usually can still comunicate. Don't sit there waving like they are cattle. It would take you 5 seconds to be polite.

Exactly. :rolleyes:
At least you aren't waiting for Elaine's daughter to get her bookbag out of the trunk.

beamher

:shrug: brings to mind this lady that sits in her big truck(as if she's going to be missed) at the very edge of the corner on the opposite side of the street. you have to swing wide to turn the corner and get safely around--and she gives you this :stupid: look.

suddenlysingle

This is exactly what is happening. Each day, I wait at least two minutes after the bus leaves for the sea of mommies and under school age kids to get to the side of the road. They happen to stand at the very end of my street and I have to get through to get to work. On the day I described, I waited at least five minutes before making the gesture to move the kids out of the way. It's not the kids fault that the moms think they are at a party. I've started leaving early, parking a street over and waiting until my son gets on the bus to leave the neighborhood. I guess they don't understand that I have somewhere to go and I don't understand why the very middle of the end of my street needs to be blocked off by the playgroup. Each day I wave at these ladies and they give me the look you described like, why are you driving through here.

M

missperky

This is exactly what is happening. Each day, I wait at least two minutes after the bus leaves for the sea of mommies and under school age kids to get to the side of the road. They happen to stand at the very end of my street and I have to get through to get to work. On the day I described, I waited at least five minutes before making the gesture to move the kids out of the way. It's not the kids fault that the moms think they are at a party. I've started leaving early, parking a street over and waiting until my son gets on the bus to leave the neighborhood. I guess they don't understand that I have somewhere to go and I don't understand why the very middle of the end of my street needs to be blocked off by the playgroup. Each day I wave at these ladies and they give me the look you described like, why are you driving through here.

Like omg...You have to wait 2 minutes?!? Geesh...:rolleyes:

H

hborror

Well dayum I saw this thread and thought it was about me again....

smoothmarine187

You should go buy an airhorn for your car, and while you are blasting it at them, scream and cuss at them like a wild woman while shaking a bottle of Tequila.

poster

Making friends with these ladies might help your situation, I do agree with your problem. There are several ladies w/children that hang out in area I drive through on the way to work. It amazes me that every morning the kids are running loose.