would you be bothered?

jenbengen

Watch it
If your spouse took the diamond out of his old fiance's ring and put it in a new setting and gave it to you, would you be bothered by this? Just chatted with a friend who this happened to and I didn't know what to say. :confused: Oh, and he didn't tell her, she asked him later on and he said it was the old diamond he had purchased.

sylvergirl

oh so he lied about it..then yes I would be bothered.
My hubby was married before and we traded his ex-wifes wedding set in and got an upgraded beautiful diamond set for me.

jenbengen

Watch it
oh so he lied about it..then yes I would be bothered.
My hubby was married before and we traded his ex-wifes wedding set in and got an upgraded beautiful diamond set for me.

I wasn't sure if it was fair to call it "lying". Maybe ommission. :lmao: He didn't say it was new, just didn't tell her. :lmao:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I would say most women would be bothered. :shrug: I would definately say at the least trade it for a new one.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I guess it just varies. I think maybe it's an insecurity thing with her. I'm not going to say anything else to her. Let her think for herself.

It could be an insecurity thing but my main point would be that he picked the diamond out with what she liked in mind. Shouldn't his new fiancee have the same afforded to her. Maybe I am thinking guys actually really think about it. I could be wrong.:popcorn:

greyhound

It wouldn't bother me. It is a material object. I'd say he has good business sense, that is an asset to the relationship.

K

kris31280

Personally, I'd think it was bad luck to use the same diamond in a new ring setting from a previous relationship that didn't work out.

The only case I can see where it would be acceptable would be if he was a widower because his wife had died... then it might actually be very meaningful.

Instead it's just kind of insulting.

P

Patch Tuesday

If your spouse took the diamond out of his old fiance's ring and put it in a new setting and gave it to you, would you be bothered by this? Just chatted with a friend who this happened to and I didn't know what to say. :confused: Oh, and he didn't tell her, she asked him later on and he said it was the old diamond he had purchased.

I think it should have been traded-in...

Which brings up a good subject, does anyone have any experience with trading in rings? How bad do you get burned?

:inquiringminds:

K

kris31280

I think it should have been traded-in...

Which brings up a good subject, does anyone have any experience with trading in rings? How bad do you get burned?

:inquiringminds:
I know I flat out sold my ring after I broke off my engagement and while he paid over 2 grand for it I only got $500 back for it.

P

Patch Tuesday

I know I flat out sold my ring after I broke off my engagement and while he paid over 2 grand for it I only got $500 back for it.

As bad as that loss sounds, you probably got off much cheaper than you have down the road...

:popcorn:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Nope, wouldn't care at all.

:yeahthat:

My main stone was a reset, but he also added two more diamonds and 4 emeralds to the setting. After the wedding it was surrounded by 10 more small diamonds. It is quite a pretty set.

But since we are now divorced, the whole set will go to our daughter when the time is right.

K

kris31280

As bad as that loss sounds, you probably got off much cheaper than you have down the road...

:popcorn:
Oh I agree fully. I broke off the engagement because I don't believe in divorce, and I would rather have lost out on wedding deposits and become a single mother than enter in to a marriage I knew I would be miserable in and it was doomed to fail.