Amazed at local resources

K

Kain99

Last night one of my children became suddenly and seriously ill. The Seventh District Volunteer Rescue Squad responded and transported my baby priority 1to St. Mary's Hospital. I have never in my life been more impressed! Not only did they stabalize my baby they kept me from absolutely losing my mind.

Once at St. Mary's we were met by a full emergency response team which saved my childs life. Over time, I have read many negative reports about St. Mary's and I want you all to know, that when the rubber meets the road.... I wouldn't want my family anywhere else.

Dr. Damalouji (sp) I owe you my life. We are forever indebted.

For any hospital employees who may read this post... Halloween boy and his Mom Thank you from the bottom of their hearts.

ginwoman

I am so glad everything turned out OK. I'm sure the 7th District Rescue Squad and the hospital will be delighted to read your email about their services.

ImnoMensa

If you need an Ambulance in St. Mary;'s County you couldnt ask for a better one than
7th. district. Their record for response and not missing responses is the best in the county. Their EMT's are top notch.

belvak

Happy Camper
Kain,

So glad to hear that everything turned out okay for you and your son! :smoochy: Like you, I have heard people put St. Mary's Hospital down, but I have only had positive experiences. So glad that the rescue squad was able to react so quickly and efficiently.

K

Kain99

I had no idea that the rescue squad was so incredible! Amazing people. I truly owe them everything.

K

Kain99

:huggy: Glad to hear it. What happened?

Thank you all for your support. I don't know what I would do without ya! My 17 year old has been healthy as a horse. In his lifetime he has only been to the doctor for immunizations and physicals.

Last night he was getting ready to go to a Halloween party... Goofing off as normal and he just dropped in the middle of the floor and started having a seizure.

Truly terrifying. He had a second seziure on the ambulance. I think we have things under control today. Doctor said he had abnormally low potassium.

The condition runs in my family. Very scary and I am so indebted to so many.

M

missperky

Thank you all for your support. I don't know what I would do without ya! My 17 year old has been healthy as a horse. In his lifetime he has only been to the doctor for immunizations and physicals.

Last night he was getting ready to go to a Halloween party... Goofing off as normal and he just dropped in the middle of the floor and started having a seizure.

Truly terrifying. He had a second seziure on the ambulance. I think we have things under control today. Doctor said he had abnormally low potassium.

I bet that was scary.
I'm glad he's okay.
:huggy:

Pete

Repete

My dad had low potassium for years, ended up being an adrenal gland tumor. Most of the time it is benign.

Pandora

Glad to hear he is okay. Seizures are very frightening, and it is a good thing he didn't hit his head or fall on anything when he went down.

I'm sure he felt exhausted today.

M

Mousebaby

Thank You!

I can't even imagine how frightning that must have been for you! I too just found out that my youngest boy has epileptic activity going on in his little head. The EEG came back showing this activity. It's very scarey! Did they do a CTscan?? I have to take potassium tablets too. I am so glad he is ok! :huggy: :howdy: