Driving club?

Cowgirl

Does anyone know of a driving club or association in the area? I would like to join because I'm training my donkey to drive, and I'd love to meet people with similar interests. I thought I heard there was one in the tri-county area, but I can't remember the name of it. Thanks!!

mingiz

Horse Poor
driving

Hi Cowgirl
How is Donk doing? There is a farm on 244 that has people that drive. I can't remeber the girls name but if you send me an email I will get it from my friend that knows her. If this is Donk's mommy If not sorry he's a daddy of a little jenny/pony cross. Cute as a button

Cowgirl

Hey Mingiz! This is Donk's (Chester's) Mom! He's a daddy? I want to see the baby!! I bet it's cute!! What are you going to do with the baby? I absolutely love Chester...he's the best! I started long lining him a couple days ago...using just his halter. He is doing pretty well. He gets a little confused sometimes...but he's making progress! I tell you...that donkey is Mr. Personality. Do you know where that farm on 244 is? I am having a hard time finding a cart for him. I really don't have the money to buy one for $400....I'd make one, but I need the building plans. I guess i have a while before I need the cart. I went to the Thurmont auction last week to look in case they had one...but they didn't. They had the cutest little pony though... he was chestnut with a flaxen mane and tail. His mane was gorgeous...long and flowing. Anyway...I went off on a tangent. Are you going to keep CHester's baby? I'd love to see her. Talk to you later!

Cowgirl

Well, he fights me when I try to buckle it for him...he thinks it looks dorky. I tried explaining to him that it's for his own safety. You know donkeys these days...they never listen! :shrug:

Cowgirl

Here's my boy last year (if the pic attached correctly...) He has finally started to shed out his winter coat from this year. Everytime I brush him I swear I could make a new donkey from all the hair! Appy, I know you have a lot of connections...do you know anyone who has a mini cart or harness they'd be willing to sell?

Cowgirl

I've checked ebay. I saw a nylon harness on there once, but didn't get it. I haven't seen them since. I guess I shoulda bought that when I saw it. I definitely want to check out the auction in Charlotte Hall...do you know when the next one is? You know donkeys are going for crazy amts of money now...especially those spotted ones. I have seen sites on the internet where people are selling minis for thousands of dollars. I was at the Thurmont auction last week, and there was a really cute spotted gelding that went for $180. I'm going to keep checking the auctions and see if I find anything good.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Chester's Little girl!

Cowgirl,
Here's a few shots of Joyfull as we call her. Her first 3 days of life we're hairy. But she is fine now. She has a very sweet personality. So when you get a chance go over and see her.

Cowgirl

Chester's pics

Does anyone know how to put a picture in with my message? I tried to attach it, but it's too big.

Cowgirl

Okay...let's try this again! Here is Chester after I bathed and clipped him. I left the hair on his lower legs for some extra fly protection (hopefully). I also left his mane. Most people clip them, but I think his is cute! Mingiz, I'm going to try to stop by tomorrow and see Joyfull!

Attachments

• reduced chester with hat .jpeg.jpg
    reduced chester with hat .jpeg.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 142