St Mary's County Public School Systems Junk Food Junkies.

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
I was surprise to see how much junk food was being sold in our public schools vending machines when I made a visit to one of the schools last week. If they want vending machines in our schools why they can't make it healthy snacks and juices. But its all about how much money the schools can make and spend it were they please not for the best intrest of our kids.:whistle:

awpitt

Main Streeter
I was surprise to see how much junk food was being sold in our public schools vending machines when I made a visit to one of the schools last week. If they want vending machines in our schools why they can't make it healthy snacks and juices. But its all about how much money the schools can make and spend it were they please not for the best intrest of our kids.:whistle:
Write the BOE and ask why they stock the machine with junk food and ask them to change it.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
CCPS have this new healthy program. Basically what it means is the kids can't have cupcakes for their birthdays at school, they can't have cookies, cupcakes, chips, candy etc for their school parties. BUT they sure can sell snacks like ice cream, little debbies, cookies and chips at lunch time.

So it's okay for the kids to eat unhealthy as long as they are making money.

fedex

Relax, it's fedex
CCPS have this new healthy program. Basically what it means is the kids can't have cupcakes for their birthdays at school, they can't have cookies, cupcakes, chips, candy etc for their school parties. BUT they sure can sell snacks like ice cream, little debbies, cookies and chips at lunch time.

It will always be like this regardless... I mean the selling snacks at lunchtime... I remember back in highschool, they use to have vending machines, and would sell all kinds of food. None of it was healthy, but you have to remember alot of parents dont care what kids eat! Which is a problem within america. !

lam2

tickled~pink
Look, a little snack doesn't hurt anyone. I know that at my daughters elementary school in Calvert they won't let them purchase a snack unless they finish their lunch. I enjoy a snack myself now and then. :yum:

poster

Is this Calvert? - What school?, I haven't heard about this yet but I did notice that there wasn't a request to send in goodies for the Halloween Party.

lam2

tickled~pink
I got a note for goodies for the Halloween party at Calvert Elementary. I do believe the only sweet request was for Caramel to dip the apples. Which is what I sent. I had never heard of that program either. Did that just start this year? Because last year on several occasions she came home with candy or sweets in a baggie from a party or someones birthday.

LusbyMom

Is this Calvert? - What school?, I haven't heard about this yet but I did notice that there wasn't a request to send in goodies for the Halloween Party.

Yes Calvert.. Patuxent Elementary.. We get to send in grahm crackers, celery, carrots, grapes etc.

LusbyMom

I got a note for goodies for the Halloween party at Calvert Elementary. I do believe the only sweet request was for Caramel to dip the apples. Which is what I sent. I had never heard of that program either. Did that just start this year? Because last year on several occasions she came home with candy or sweets in a baggie from a party or someones birthday.

I am pretty sure it started this year. Sounds like your list is the same as ours. No more parties with sweets. What is a birthday without cupcakes?

lam2

tickled~pink
I am pretty sure it started this year. Sounds like your list is the same as ours. No more parties with sweets. What is a birthday without cupcakes?

A birthday without cupcakes is ridiculous. I understand some kids parents don't like for their children to have sweet snacks. I have friends who kids don't even know what a Poptart is. And if that is the way that they want to raise their children then so be it. I on the other hand think that there is always room for a little sweetness in everyones life. As long as your kids are active and not sitting around the house watching TV and gorging on snack food, then I think they will turn out just fine.

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
Way too much sugar in them snack machines.

A birthday without cupcakes is ridiculous. I understand some kids parents don't like for their children to have sweet snacks. I have friends who kids don't even know what a Poptart is. And if that is the way that they want to raise their children then so be it. I on the other hand think that there is always room for a little sweetness in everyones life. As long as your kids are active and not sitting around the house watching TV and gorging on snack food, then I think they will turn out just fine.

Now you have kids fighting off a sugar high at them high schools.:lmao: