Nail shops in Southern Maryland !

morris63

Are you tired of having your nails torn up when you go to the quick in and out nail shops in Southern Maryland? Well, I am! I have nail hopped all over St. Mary's County trying to find a clean, friendly environment environment that doesn't use that harsh drill on my nails. All it does is tear them up!

A few weeks ago, my friend went in to a quick in and out nail shop. She wasn't in there but a few minutes and an inspector came in and was looking for licensed nail persons. They were running out the back doors. Only two out of the eight doing nails and pedicures were even licensed.

That concerns me. Nail and pedicure shops are popping up all over the place.

I am looking for a new place to get my nails done. Someone who can understand what I am saying and can talk back to me.

I have heard that there is a new salon and spa that will be doing nails by hand. That they use gel, not that harsh acrylic. I believe that they are next to Do Da Deli in Leonardtown, Maryland. I drove by there a week ago and I talked with a painter. He said that they were going to open up mid-November.

Can't wait - my nails look horrible! Has anyone else had this problem with other nail shops?

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Several friends claim they got fungus from Kims shops. They do not sterilize. Lee's in Lusby uses an autoclave and you get your own instruments in a box. It costs $5 more for a pedi but it's worth not getting that fungus crap. I can understand most of the nail techs when they speak :yay:

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
Are you tired of having your nails torn up when you go to the quick in and out nail shops in Southern Maryland? Well, I am! I have nail hopped all over St. Mary's County trying to find a clean, friendly environment environment that doesn't use that harsh drill on my nails. All it does is tear them up!

A few weeks ago, my friend went in to a quick in and out nail shop. She wasn't in there but a few minutes and an inspector came in and was looking for licensed nail persons. They were running out the back doors. Only two out of the eight doing nails and pedicures were even licensed.

I am looking for a new place to get my nails done. Someone who can understand what I am saying and can talk back to me.
I have heard that there is a new salon and spa that will be doing nails by hand. That they use gel, not that harsh acrylic. I believe that they are next to Do Da Deli in Leonardtown, Maryland. I drove by there a week ago and I talked with a painter. He said that they were going to open up mid-November.
Can't wait - my nails look horrible! Has anyone else had this problem with other nail shops?

That's Lady Slender and Spa. She's actually open there in the little building beside that parking lot on the end by the light. She does it by hand, but the last time I recommended them to my friend (I only have 1:lmao:) it took 3 hours. And she talks non stop. I go to Diamond Nail now in Wildewood. I like them a lot. :howdy:

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
Several friends claim they got fungus from Kims shops.

I did... also got a pretty bad infection. I was getting a pedicure for a wedding and she cut my toe and slammed it in the water real fast. I felt it burning I pulled my foot out to see why it hurt...well I was bleeding she tried to hide she cut me and said "ohnoahhoney you be fine you be ok". I did not want my foot back in that nasty water with a open cut, so she never put it back in... about three days later blam it was infected.Have not gotten a pedicure since.

(Sorry for bad spelling etc... to early for me.)

leonardtowngal

Check back in the forums a week or so for Lady Slender and Nails. There were numerous tidbits on why one should not go there. If you don't mind listening to the owner talk bad about other people, employees and other nails shops then try it out...I will not go back there...EVER!!!

verucasalt

I really like Califronia Nails in lexington park is wonderful! I have never had a problem. they are in a scarier part of town n St Marys square. But I would swear by them! I hope this helps!

smsd

DA BEARS!!!
I went to Spa One and they did a horrible job and they were expensive. I go to Expose Nails in Millison Plaza, ask for David or Sonny