Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: dentsville accident rt 6

Quote Originally Posted by OldHillcrestGuy View Post
    They appear to be non life-threatening. Nothing like what St Marys Today is reporting 'three others on deaths doorstep".
    This is their last update....

LA PLATA UPDATE 9: 09 pm (Nov. 6, 2007) ---- According to Charles County Sheriff's Maj. Joseph Montminy, the three teens killed in this crash on Oliver's Shop Road, all of them boys, were one that was 15 and two were 16 year-olds. They were on their way to basketball practice when the wreck took place. There are three other persons who were flown to shock trauma units. A woman who was driving the white GMC SUV is reportedly in her 30's and was flown to Suburban Hospital with non-life threatening injuries while two other teens, were taken to PG Shock Trauma. A 17-year-old is listed as serious and a 14-year-old is said to be seriously injured and in critical condition. More information and photos from the scene are pending and will be updated shortly. The boys were traveling in a Mercury headed northbound when it collided with the GMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    This is their last update....

LA PLATA UPDATE 9: 09 pm (Nov. 6, 2007) ---- According to Charles County Sheriff's Maj. Joseph Montminy, the three teens killed in this crash on Oliver's Shop Road, all of them boys, were one that was 15 and two were 16 year-olds. They were on their way to basketball practice when the wreck took place. There are three other persons who were flown to shock trauma units. A woman who was driving the white GMC SUV is reportedly in her 30's and was flown to Suburban Hospital with non-life threatening injuries while two other teens, were taken to PG Shock Trauma. A 17-year-old is listed as serious and a 14-year-old is said to be seriously injured and in critical condition. More information and photos from the scene are pending and will be updated shortly. The boys were traveling in a Mercury headed northbound when it collided with the GMC.
    My heart just aches for all of these families with so many tragedies the past few days. Lots of prayers needed. Two 14 year olds in critical condition. So sad. Makes me treasure my kids so much more than ever and hurt for these parents a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by MMDad View Post
    That scene looks so much like the infamous Lusby crash in January 1999. Pretty much the same scenario.

Fox 5 says 3 critical injuries, and the 5 in the sedan were from LPHS.

That's why my elder one didn't get her license until she was nearly 19. She was in Patuxent in 1999 and knew those involved and was scared to drive. I pass it every day driving my 16 y.o. to PHS. With all these accidents...it really frightens me to let my 16 y.o. loose on her own. The down side is that you gotta let them go...

Inkpen
    No one was wearing a seat belt....................No one.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkpen View Post
    Now that is sad. It is such a shame.

That brings us back to the law about kids driving a bunch of people places.

Quote Originally Posted by WitchyWoman79 View Post
    That brings us back to the law about kids driving a bunch of people places.
    I totally agree. I think there are too many distractions for kids when other kids are in the car, not to mention some will tell the driver to go faster, etc. It really makes me sick that this could have be avoided so easily. The baynet actually printed the names of the victims all from LaPlata High. So sad.

amotley
    prayers to all involved

Registered User OldHillcrestGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay_Kat View Post
    I totally agree. I think there are too many distractions for kids when other kids are in the car, not to mention some will tell the driver to go faster, etc. It really makes me sick that this could have be avoided so easily. The baynet actually printed the names of the victims all from LaPlata High. So sad.
    Charles County Sheriffs Office released the names at 10pm last night, Fox5 gave them out at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkpen View Post
    3 Teens Dead In 2-Vehicle Charles County Crash - News Story - WRC | Washington

^Updated article with names.

What an awful tragedy

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.