Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign the Petition - A Light for Aly Purvis

Sign the Petition - A Light for Aly Purvis

I saw this in the postings under the accident thread and I didn't want it to get lost since it is such a great idea. Please take a moment to read the letter and sign the petition.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/a-light-for-aly-purvis

Please take a moment to sign the petition to make a difference.

Something to sign over lunch

In this news clip, there is a traffic light. 1 Killed, 3 Injured In Teen Crash - Videos - WRC

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    In this news clip, there is a traffic light. 1 Killed, 3 Injured In Teen Crash - Videos - WRC
    It's just a flashing light, not a stop light.

Quote Originally Posted by ohstate View Post
    It's just a flashing light, not a stop light.
    I stand corrected.

7. 11-07-2007, 01:29 PM

Rienell
    I don't mean to be insensitive. I do feel for the families and that whole situation was dreadfully awful. But this is a "band aid" petition asking to fix a symptom and not the real problem.
    I would like to see a history on how many accidents have happened at that exact site before I vote yay on this petition. If I see a trend and agree, I will vote yay. Where can one find such information?
    Otherwise, putting a stop light there is only going to back up traffic and cause more delays on 4 which we don't need unless it's absolutely necessary.

I saw on the news last night that there have been 5, 4, and 2 accidents at the Skinners Turn intersection over the last 3 years - this is the first death.

Quote Originally Posted by Rienell View Post
    I don't mean to be insensitive. I do feel for the families and that whole situation was dreadfully awful. But this is a "band aid" petition asking to fix a symptom and not the real problem.
    I would like to see a history on how many accidents have happened at that exact site before I vote yay on this petition. If I see a trend and agree, I will vote yay. Where can one find such information?
    Otherwise, putting a stop light there is only going to back up traffic and cause more delays on 4 which we don't need unless it's absolutely necessary.
    Hmm...let me think about this. Busy intersection, traffic light...busy intersection, no traffic light...busy intersection, traffic light. Yeah, I think a traffic light is a good idea.

We're all mad here. hammishsqueak's Avatar
    Okay, since my boyfriend's father said this, he may or may not be making it up He told me once that the county generally doesn't consider putting up a light somewhere until there have been at least three fatal accidents. He said that there used to not be a light at White Sands and that after a few fatalities they put up a light. Sounds odd to me.
    When life gives you lemons, add triple sec.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.