Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign the Petition - A Light for Aly Purvis

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjones View Post
    the roads are what they are. If you dont think your son can drive safely on them that is a decision for you to make

BTW, it is my understanding that most of the roads we have (highways anyway) were designed for much greater speeds than they see today.
    Do I understand you correctly???!!! Our roads are designed to much greater speeds than the 70-85 mph that I SEE on a daily basis??? Now that shoud definitely bring the accident/death toll down!

Quote Originally Posted by riverview View Post
    Do I understand you correctly???!!! Our roads are designed to much greater speeds than the 70-85 mph that I SEE on a daily basis??? Now that shoud definitely bring the accident/death toll down!
    i mistyped, i meant the posted speed limits.

the roads with 70 mph limits aren't much different than rt 4

All of my accidents on Rt. 4 have been caused by someone running into me at a light. I'd rather not see anymore lights on Rt. 4. The one at Huntingtown High (although needed) scares the crap out of me. It's only on the North bound side and it's hard to see, people forget it's there and slam on the brakes. They've already had one fatality there this year.
    Last edited by MJ; 11-07-2007 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by riverview View Post
    Hhhhmmm. One can't help but wonder, are you a politician?

If it were YOUR daughter and son that were killed....would your opinion be any different, or would you still be standing aroudn demanding pertinent data and statistics ? 11 accidents at one intersection within 3 years is an indication that SOMETHING should be done, for EXPERIENCED as well as INEXPERIENCED drivers.

One can travel for miles without having to slow on Rt 4. The drivers obviously don't slow on their own, so install a light and make it mandatory to slow down.

I don't know these people or anyone that was involved, but this is obviously an intersection in need of a change, as are many intersections in Calvert.

One can only hope in the meantime that their family member does not become ANOTHER number in the pertinent data and statistics that you are waiting for in order to sign one petition.
    By his logic, all the lights that have been installed on 235 in the last 10 years don't need to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rienell View Post
    You didn't even read my post, else you would've seen that I asked those very questions initially. Where is this information found at?
    I'll vote yes, if it's warranted. But I don't think making these sorts of decisions based on emotion instead of rational logic is a good idea. That's all I'm saying... back up the need.
    This is just amazing how you have to center this around you. You think we should do research for you to help you determine if a light is needed.

Get off your lazy ass and do the research yourself if you are at all interested in helping someone else. Otherwise shut up. I think they are enough intelligent and caring people to sign without having to worry about winning yours.
    :killingme :evil:

why would you want a traffic light at every intersection?
    Where did anyone say anyone wanted a light at every intersection?

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    All of my accidents on Rt. 4 have been caused by someone running into me at a light. I'd rather not see anymore lights on Rt. 4. The one at Huntingtown High (although needed) scares the crap out of me. It's only on the North bound side and it's hard to see, people forget it's there and slam on the breaks. They've already had one fatality there this year.
    Yep...and they actually REMOVED the light southbound at Plum Point to try to help reduce accidents.

Route 4 is a bad road and unfortunately stop lights at every intersection aren't the answer.
    If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you. - Winnie the Pooh

The fate of animals is of greater importance to me than the fear of appearing ridiculous; it is indissolubly connected with the fate of men. - Emile Zola

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    By his logic, all the lights that have been installed on 235 in the last 10 years don't need to be there.
    I guess I could show my son how to drive FASTER so that he's not at risk of being run over while pulling into the autobahn currentlly known as Rt 4!

Heck! I could even show him how to drive around the people on the shoulder if they are going TOO slow!

And, for th etraffic ligths that ARE in place on Rte. 4, I'll just show him how to step on the gas at the last minute so he doesn't have to slow on his commute to DC

Quote Originally Posted by Rienell View Post
    Like I previously mentioned, a light there will back up traffick and cause unnecessary delays. I drive from Prince Frederick to DC everyday; It's hard enough trying to make a simple U-Turn let alone cross completely over ANYWHERE on Rt 4 during peak hours. Not just there.
    You think you are the only one who commutes? I don't think a light is going to make all that much of a difference. Taking into consideration traffic is backed up no matter what.

If the commute is that bad find another job or move. Saving even just one life is more important then worrying about being delayed a few minutes.

then why weren't you on here LAST WEEK asking for a light?
    For as long as I can remember people have asked about a light there. Not just this accident.

You are just trying to start an arguement. No one said put a light up at every intersection and no one said put a light at every intersection that has had an accident.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.