Whoever's brilliant idea it was to repave 301...

AndyMarquisLIVE

... :biteme:

I just spent 30 minutes trying to get to Auto Zone, which is less than three miles away.

And then, they had the intersection completely blocked. I had to go up past Acton Lane to get home, which was approximately 15 minutes out of the way to do so. Should I send a bill to the local government.

And whoever that was that was driving that Toyota piece of chit that tried to run me over on RSR when I had already begun crossing the street),choke yourself and die. That was a goddam cheap shot and you know it. You could've waited a second (when I had the right of way BTW) for me to make it halfway across the street. I walk fast, you would've been fine. Or, you could've slowed down when you were coming out of LPHS. Maybe that's it, some punkazz kid with a V8 motor. :burning:

Okay, rant over.

soul4sale

U.S. 301 is not a county road. It's a state road.

Attachments

• the_more_you_know.jpg
    the_more_you_know.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 113

MMDad

Lem Putt
Runs through Virginia also, so it's a national highway.

But this is absolute :bs:
It's maintained by the state.

So what is your solution? Should they just let the road deteriorate so you can snivel and whine about potholes?

Or should they check in with you first?

"Hi Andy, we're just calling to check and see if it's okay for us to do a little paving now. Will you be going anywhere tonight? Please give us a call if you get the munchies and decide to go out. We'll stop and open the road for you."

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what is your solution? Should they just let the road deteriorate so you can snivel and whine about potholes?

"Hi Andy, we're just calling to check and see if it's okay for us to do a little paving now. Will you be going anywhere tonight? Please give us a call if you get the munchies and decide to go out. We'll stop and open the road for you."
:killingme

NiteOwl

:roflmao:

madMAX

I have to agree with Andy, I had major difficulties on Friday night. I really dont recall 301 being so bad that they had to repave. I dont know the criteria, maybe they have set times of the year that they do it, but I know that Friday night, was from he!! trying to get around those dang on trucks!
Was not a pleasant experience.

Last edited:

NiteOwl

I have to agree with Andy, I had major difficulties on Friday night. I really dont recall 301 being so bad that they had to repave. I dont know the criteria, maybe they have set times of the year that they do it, but I know that Friday night, was from he!! trying to get around those dang on trucks!
Was not a pleasent experience.

Is 301 ever a pleasant experience?

madMAX

Is 301 ever a pleasant experience?

:doh: you are right! Well it was worse than usual.

In order get to outback I had to go past outback, and make a right where the dollar king is, come out and make a left back on to 301. The roads were horrible and the trucks were everywhere, making it mighty difficult to go anywhere but straight!

NiteOwl

In order get to outback I had to go past outback, and make a right where the dollar king is, come out and make a left back on to 301. The roads were horrible and the trucks were everywhere, making it mighty difficult to go anywhere but straight!

I dealt with it too yet I look at how much better it will be when they are done. :yay:

OldHillcrestGuy

Andy, Andy, Andy, do you want them to do the paving during the day?

You have lived in Waldorf for quite sometime, come on you cant figure out how to manuever some other way 925, Western Pkwy, even Mattawomen out to 301 to Acton, if Acton Lane was 15 minutes out of the way from 301 and 5 you do drive very slowly as mentioned before in other post, and maybe you our the problem on the roadways of Charles and not these other drivers you vent on so much.:lmao:

AndyMarquisLIVE

Andy, Andy, Andy, do you want them to do the paving during the day?

You have lived in Waldorf for quite sometime, come on you cant figure out how to manuever some other way 925, Western Pkwy, even Mattawomen out to 301 to Acton, if Acton Lane was 15 minutes out of the way from 301 and 5 you do drive very slowly as mentioned before in other post, and maybe you our the problem on the roadways of Charles and not these other drivers you vent on so much.:lmao:
I'm very happy they're doing it at night. They do Hamilton during the day.

I'm just so sick of traffic patterns being so unpredictable that I have to leave an hour ahead of time to get somewhere to be sure.

I know now, for the next few weeks, not to take 301 anywhere unless I absolutely 100% have to.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Yeah I needed to turn somewhere, traffic was packed and not a sole person had the thought of letting me in. I really don't like having to stick my nose in front of someone to go somewhere, but it has to happen at times.

Pete

Repete
I'm very happy they're doing it at night. They do Hamilton during the day.

I'm just so sick of traffic patterns being so unpredictable that I have to leave an hour ahead of time to get somewhere to be sure.

I know now, for the next few weeks, not to take 301 anywhere unless I absolutely 100% have to.

You sure to gripe a lot for being so young. I was well into my 30's before I complained as much as you.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
You sure to gripe a lot for being so young. I was well into my 30's before I complained as much as you.
I think his New Year's Resolution was probably to have a heart attack this year. Or flip out and be committed.