Permits in cutting trees

xharlz

Hi there, I'm in the North Beach area and I am planning to build a retaining wall and fix my backyard, I just wondered if I need to get a government permit to cut the trees, If so what and where can I get one?

MMDad

Lem Putt
Hi there, I'm in the North Beach area and I am planning to build a retaining wall and fix my backyard, I just wondered if I need to get a government permit to cut the trees, If so what and where can I get one?
Are you in the critical zone (near wetlands)? Or in a HOA? If not, you are free to cut as you wish, unless North Beach has any ordinances.

You are asking on here about county permits? In that case, no, you don't need one. If the county shows up with a stop work order and trys to give you paperwork saying you are being sued for violation of the building code, tell them "But the people on the internet said I didn't need a permit!!!" Google Daniel Snyder Tree Cutting and see what happens when you don't get the official OK and file the appropriate permits.

Or you could click here and check with the county.

Are you in the critical zone (near wetlands)? Or in a HOA? If not, you are free to cut as you wish, unless North Beach has any ordinances.
Unless they have over an acre of land. Then they may need permits to remove trees over 6" diameter.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Permits for cutting trees, in Calvert?
Ask the guy in Drum Point who cut trees on his own land and was forced to replant them at a rate of three to one. Did I forget to say he was also fined $10,000?
Yup - I would check first.