St Mary's Sheriffs Dept to target ATV and golf carts on county and state roads.

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
ST. Mary's Sheriffs Dept to target ATV and golf carts on county and state roads while crack heads and robbers terrorizes business and neighborhoods this is as bright as a 100 watt light bulb tax money well spent and good thinking. Just venting:otter:

Dukesdad

I hope they come out here and get the two kids I almost hit riding down the middle of the road last week

cartman

i think is behind Abell Diner at the Clements intersection. there is a pond up on the hill. that looks like it

Last edited:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
All they need to do is put the Triangle on the back for slow moving vehicle right :shrug: I used to run the streets with my 4-wheeler when I had to, it was more fun to be in the woods.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I always thought is was illegal to use those things on the roads and in neighborhoods. 2 idiots just wrecked theirs a wknd or 2 ago in my development (at 4 o'clock in the morning no less).

I always thought is was illegal to use those things on the roads and in neighborhoods. 2 idiots just wrecked theirs a wknd or 2 ago in my development (at 4 o'clock in the morning no less).

What are you supposed to do after they take your license?:lmao:

5857dave

How about targeting those driving 4000 pound weapons

Please, someone convince me that ATVs, golf carts, etc., are more of a threat to our safety than the 4000 pound piece of metal traveling public roads more than 30-40MPH over the speed limit, diving in and out of traffic, blowing traffic lights and stop signs! Who in the h*ll sets the priorities around here; a rich, influential political figure being bothered by a little noise? Can't help but wonder what happened to the election day promise of better traffic enforcement. :doh:

Please, someone convince me that ATVs, golf carts, etc., are more of a threat to our safety than the 4000 pound piece of metal traveling public roads more than 30-40MPH over the speed limit, diving in and out of traffic, blowing traffic lights and stop signs! Who in the h*ll sets the priorities around here; a rich, influential political figure being bothered by a little noise? Can't help but wonder what happened to the election day promise of better traffic enforcement. :doh:

They are a serious threat to the STATE. They don't collect any income from them....yet. Well, other than fines.

OldHillcrestGuy

You haven't been down Golden Beach have you, the ATV's may not weight 4000pds but they travel the roads down in the beach 30 or miles and hour over the limit. They strike a child on a bike or someone backing out of a driveway the result will be the same as that 4000pd piece of metal hitting something, a fatal accident. :shrug:

Blue_eyes

triangle

So all i have to do is put a triangle on the back of something and I can drive it on the road?

Go kart, atv, golf cart?

Do i have to dress in all black and grow a beard like the amish also?:lmao:

ImnoMensa

Around here the ATV's are almost always being operated in a reckless manner. Usually they are traveling from trespassing on one piece of property in order to trespass on another.Owners of ATV's seldom own enough property to satisfy the habit of their riders,or to test the climbing ability of the machne. So they look for other places to ride.

The Golf carts are mostly driven by older folks traveling between homes visiting or picking up their mail and are mostly more dangerous to their occupants ,because of their slower speed than to anyone else. Although some kids use them to go meet the bus when they live on a back road they are speed limited and not so dangerous. They dont go in the woods because of design limitations.

One would have to admit that the golf carts seldom break any speeding laws, and seldom are operated recklessly. Golf carts are also quiet and dont disturb the peace.

I keep reading of people gettin injured badly or even dying on ATV's ,but havent read an article yet of any old fogey getting injured on a golf cart. Golf carts are much more socially acceptable.

I have been told that the John Deere "Gator" is legal on the highway if you have the slow-moving triangle on one, not sure of that though.

Certainly the fact that these vehicles are unlicensed and therefore make no money for the state is a major reason for taking them off the roads, insuranc is another,but ATV's that travel at speeds up to 60 -70 mph no seat belts ,inadequate brakes, tires that are not designed for high speed ,no tail lights ,some have roll bars, other have no protection at all, and usually some 12 or 15 year old driving like a bat out of hell are dangerous on the highway, or anywhere else for that matter.

They are a pleasant recreational tool when used responsibly, but when kids get out of sight of Mom and Dad, they do what kids do. They test these machines to their limits,and many of them get hurt. Hunters find them to be great for getting to the hunting spot and hauling out their game.,but usually the hunter takes it to the woods on a trailer and that hunter has permission from land owners to use their property.

I dont own either of these vehicles so I dont have a card in this game, just giving my thoughts. Personally before I would buy either ,I would buy a dual purpose motorcycle of about 250 cc and license it and then go anywhere the ATV can go, and ride on the road , and do it legally .

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
In my subdivision it's a pack of teens on gas powered scooters, the kind you stand on. They go round, and round, and round the circle over and over. It sounds like a herd of weedwackers going by the window every 2 minutes. Really annoying when I'm trying to get the kids down for a nap or trying to enjoy sitting outside on the deck.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
The other day a teenager on an ATV blew passed the school bus as my children were getting off. Completely ignored the blinking lights. The boy who did it is old enough to drive a car, so he had no excuse.

General Lee

I have been told that the John Deere "Gator" is legal on the highway if you have the slow-moving triangle on one, not sure of that though.

No it is not legal. Any vehicle that is operated on a public street has to be registered. ATV's, golf carts, gators etc; do not bear registration plates, nor will the MVA issue ones for them.

The Gator MUST be engaged in official farm duties, or official construction related projects while it is being driven on public streets or highways and MUST bear the orange triangle. If Joe Blow is driving his Gator down the street to share a beer with his buddy, even with the placard he is in violation. Hope that helps

onebdzee

off the shelf
No it is not legal. Any vehicle that is operated on a public street has to be registered. ATV's, golf carts, gators etc; do not bear registration plates, nor will the MVA issue ones for them.

The Gator MUST be engaged in official farm duties, or official construction related projects while it is being driven on public streets or highways and MUST bear the orange triangle. If Joe Blow is driving his Gator down the street to share a beer with his buddy, even with the placard he is in violation. Hope that helps

There was this guy that lived down the road from us in Hollywood that every morning would drive his John Deere lawn tractor past my house(cup of coffee in his hand)....then about 2 hours later drive back by with a beer

I nicknamed him "Hank Hill" :lmao: