Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fractured Prune in Lusby?

Quote Originally Posted by Jameo View Post
    ewww are you retarded?
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Ok, I am wrong.

oh yeah I know where it is and boy oh boy is it GOOD

How the "Fractured Prune" got its name

Back in 1976 when Tom Parshall purchased Josh's 46th Street Market, he was thinking about a new name for his enterprise. Several friends gave him suggestions, but he felt they all lacked imagination & individuality. He had been reading through the abstract of the land he purchased, and an unusual name caught his eye. Back in the late 1800's a woman named Prunella Shriek had owned much of the land in that area. Tom didn't think too much about it until one day he was browsing through the Baltimore Library and came across a book titled "Ocean City Love". As he looked through it, he was thrilled to see Prunella Shriek's name with a paragraph devoted to her.

Even though she was in her seventies, she was the only woman who competed with men in traditionally men's sports such as ice skating races & skiing competitions. She was an excellent tennis player, and was county ping-pong champion circa 1895. Being older and somewhat brittle, she often returned from some of the more vigorous competitions in a wheel chair or on crutches. Thus the townspeople began lovingly to refer to her as "Fractured Prunella." When Tom read this, a voice in his head said, "Hello", he would name his enterprise after this wonderful & spunky old lady, and call it "The Fractured Prune® ".

Today, the current owners believe so much in the unique concept and product that they are offering franchise opportunities across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by tdeste View Post
    Heard it on Tbone and Heather, they swear it's great
    Great if you like deep fried grease sponges....my arteries clog just thinking about it!

Quote Originally Posted by riverview View Post
    deep fried grease sponges....
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by qbee View Post
    Its good but they close at 2 EVERYDAY and are not open sunday's! How do you think that company will survive?
    Strange, I went there on a Sundaqy morning
    The stuff cheerleaders do on hardwood, it absolutely blows my mind - Joe Biden
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    -Illegals who are already here can stay, provided they haven't committed any crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by tdeste View Post
    Anyone know where this is?
    Lusby

Found it, thanks for everyones help. What a great place and the donuts are fantastic!

kris31280
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothmarine187 View Post
    You have a meeting today, and you had no idea where you were going
    Hadn't quite googled it yet.

Yes, I had a meeting... meeting with the owners of the shop that I'll be working in come the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.