Long Fence

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Does anyone have experience with Long Fence? They appear to be a large, reliable company. We're getting an estimate from them on Monday regarding a vinyl fence and installation.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
I got a price on a deck. They were roughly double the going St. Mary's County rate. They can probably get that in Montgomery or PG. Not here. You might compare a local fence guy to them first. I used Thomas Fence twice before, but he's in the 7th District, and that's a long way from your Calvert County estate!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Yeah, if you want to see them, drive past a 7-11 in the morning, and the "experts" are waiting to get picked up for a job.

When I asked for a 20% discount per the newspaper ad, and he said he was already giving me a 30% discount instead, I became a skeptic. The price after discount was still $34.75 per sq ft, using a maintenance-free material that should only be about 20% more than a wood deck. (Same deck in wood was $23.93 sq ft.)

So, I interpreted the salesman as trying to hook me on the better material and hope he could glaze over the cost by throwing a higher discount at me. He hooked me on the better material, but he also turned me off.

That's just my experience. He did show me a book full of pictures. Long Fence does beautiful work! I just felt like he was using a sales tactic on me to get more $$$ for the job. Then again, maybe they deserve it for dealing with Permits and such.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Well...the price was INSANE!! They were charging a TON for labor for a small job - for that price it ought to be made of solid gold!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by laureng
Well...the price was INSANE!! They were charging a TON for labor for a small job - for that price it ought to be made of solid gold!

I guess your experience mirrors mine... :mad:

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Try Clinton Fencing. They did my parents and we did our own at the townhouse but that was a small job. I hear they are good but I am not sure how much they cost.

chinzen

We used long fence. We were very happy with them and their price was a little lower than clinton fence.