Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Solomons -- no mail delivery??

Moving to Solomons -- no mail delivery??

I'm about to move down the county from Sunderland to Solomons, and the lease for the apartment I'm moving to indicates that mail isn't delivered to Solomons residencies, only businesses. This seems strange to me, but then I can't quite remember ever seeing mailboxes on the streets.

This presents a problem, however, as I'm not quite sure how I will be able to change my drivers' license to a new address, as the MVA requires mail addressed to your current physical address (they won't accept PO Boxes). Does anyone know if mail addressed to a specific street address in Solomons, but also labeled with "PO Box 12345" will get to the PO box, but will then work for the Motor Vehicle offices to change the address?

In other words, for anyone who lives in (or previously lived in) Solomons, how'd you get your drivers license address changed if your mail doesn't show your actual street address?

Thanks if anyone can help!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanCaw View Post
    I'm about to move down the county from Sunderland to Solomons, and the lease for the apartment I'm moving to indicates that mail isn't delivered to Solomons residencies, only businesses. This seems strange to me, but then I can't quite remember ever seeing mailboxes on the streets.

This presents a problem, however, as I'm not quite sure how I will be able to change my drivers' license to a new address, as the MVA requires mail addressed to your current physical address (they won't accept PO Boxes). Does anyone know if mail addressed to a specific street address in Solomons, but also labeled with "PO Box 12345" will get to the PO box, but will then work for the Motor Vehicle offices to change the address?

In other words, for anyone who lives in (or previously lived in) Solomons, how'd you get your drivers license address changed if your mail doesn't show your actual street address?

All you need to do is list your street address & PO box.

John doe
    0000 1st street, PO box 000
    anywhere, usa
    :eyebrow:

Solomons Landing has mail delivery.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Patch Tuesday
    Quote Originally Posted by IanCaw View Post

All places have a physical address, regardless of if the mail actually gets delivered there...

How do you think the fire department puts out the fires?

Or the cops find you if you dial 911 and just breathe heavily?

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound View Post

John doe
    anywhere, usa
    Correct ! This is what I had to do !
    happier than a puppy with two weenies

Quote Originally Posted by Patch Tuesday View Post
    How do you think the fire department puts out the fires?
    Water?
    I don't have a cool signature. Thanks for reading this though.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound View Post

John doe
    anywhere, usa
    You mean, list it on your mailing address for various bills and such as that? Ok, that makes sense. I've just never used PO Boxes for, well anything before, as long as that'll get mail delivered to my box but still listing the street address, that sounds perfect.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vanbells View Post
    Water?

Patch Tuesday
    Quote Originally Posted by vanbells View Post
    Water?
    How about an electrical fire genius?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch Tuesday View Post
    How about an electrical fire genius?

Turn off the electric?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.