Food Lion Leonardtown FYI

kalmd

Just went to Food Lion in Leonardtown to grocery shop and ALL the freezers are down. They have notes on them stating that the freezers are down, do not open, and the handles are roped off so you can't get anything.

J

jlwgirl

thanks for the heads up....wonder if I should tell my husband??? he just went there .....:shrug:

trilogy

Just went to Food Lion in Leonardtown to grocery shop and ALL the freezers are down. They have notes on them stating that the freezers are down, do not open, and the handles are roped off so you can't get anything.

dont shop there 4 at least a month

BuddyLee

Football addict
What happens to all the food in the freezers?
That depends on if the management does the correct thing.

If they get the freezers back up within a few hours then most of the product will be fine with the exception of some meat product.

If it's more than that then they can try to pack as much as they can into their limited walk-in freezers.

Other than that its lost.

somdprincess

The one and only Princess
That depends on if the management does the correct thing.

If they get the freezers back up within a few hours then most of the product will be fine with the exception of some meat product.

If it's more than that then they can try to pack as much as they can into their limited walk-in freezers.

Other than that its lost.

Couldnt they try to sell it quick and have a good sale so they wont lose too much or is something like this covered in insurance?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Couldnt they try to sell it quick and have a good sale so they wont lose too much or is something like this covered in insurance?
:lol: I don't think they'd have time to sell it quick or even promote that sort of sale. Besides, grocery stores are supposed to offer quality products and not melted goo. I'm not sure if all that is covered under insurance but they'll need their corporate lawyers if one customer gets ahold of a bad piece of meat and makes them ill.

somdprincess

The one and only Princess
:lol: I don't think they'd have time to sell it quick or even promote that sort of sale. Besides, grocery stores are supposed to offer quality products and not melted goo. I'm not sure if all that is covered under insurance but they'll need their corporate lawyers if one customer gets ahold of a bad piece of meat and makes them ill.

yeah that is true too. Did not think about that. I was thinking like a blue light special..

Attention shoppers the melting ice cream is now half price..get it before it melts....:lmao:

aFTeRLiFe

It is covered in insurance. Of course you still don't get back what you lost because you still have to pay to fix them. But Food Lion may have insurance on their freezers as well. :pete:

Last edited:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I don't think they'd have time to sell it quick or even promote that sort of sale. Besides, grocery stores are supposed to offer quality products and not melted goo.
Yeah, they would have to sell the stuff within a couple hours. The only thing that could help them is to get them running again, but, given that they've roped off the freezers and put up signs, I'd say the break-down will last a good while.

Any honest establishment would just pull the stuff and take the hit.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Like somone said its covered by insurance. My girl and her mom work there and last time the freezers went down they had put everything in the dumpsters. Within in an hour they had a bunch of homeless people digging through them. After that they had some people going back there and try to bring the stuff in for a "refund", and after they refused the people would try and raise hell only to realize they look like idiots with no reciepts.