Interesting plane

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Its a Harrier though the nose is a little longer than most. Perhaps its a TPS rental with some sort of special electronics package in the nose cone. Best Guess. Though the same thing about the F-4 looking nose. Love them F-4's though I am a helo guy a heart!

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Its a Harrier though the nose is a little longer than most. Perhaps its a TPS rental with some sort of special electronics package in the nose cone. Best Guess. Though the same thing about the F-4 looking nose. Love them F-4's though I am a helo guy a heart!
Nalls Aviation purchased it. Nothing to do with TPS.

Looks like a harrier from the nose and where the wings connect to the fuselage...

I did a triple take - commercial jet, figured it was surplus... did not know Harriers were in surplus. Whoever owns it has major $$$ to keep it maintained!

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Looks like a harrier from the nose and where the wings connect to the fuselage...

I did a triple take - commercial jet, figured it was surplus... did not know Harriers were in surplus. Whoever owns it has major $$$ to keep it maintained!

It's a Harrier.. Look at the website. That is the plane.

Nalls Aviation purchased it. Nothing to do with TPS.

Did not see this - that makes sense...

I was trying to figure out who/why/how someone could buy one of those for personal use!

Honest question here - Could a regular civilian really purchase an in service military jet??? Is the Harrier still in service? I know people have purchased older MIGS... but one of our own?

Novus Collectus

Did not see this - that makes sense...

I was trying to figure out who/why/how someone could buy one of those for personal use!

Honest question here - Could a regular civilian really purchase an in service military jet??? Is the Harrier still in service? I know people have purchased older MIGS... but one of our own?

Not sure how reliable this websight is, but.....
Aircraft

Commercial cargo and passenger aircraft are the only types offered for sale as aircraft. Combat aircraft (i.e. fighters, bombers, and certain trainers) must be demilitarized and sold for recovery of basic material content, parts, and components.

Purchasers of aircraft must (1) obtain a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) airworthiness certificate or (2) show that the aircraft concerns to an existing civilian mode which has an FAA type certificate and prove that it is airworthy. A pamphlet, AC 20-96, entitled Surplus Military Aircraft, A Briefing For Prospective Buyers, is available from your nearest FAA Engineering and Manufacturing District Office. It explains the FAA procedure to certify a surplus military aircraft.
Military Surplus

If it was a US Harrier, then they may have bought the demilled plane and then rebuilt it.

If it was a foreign military Harrier, then they may have imported it after filling out Form 6 Part I

You want a Soviet MIG from Iraq or a Harrier from somewhere else? Fill out a Form 6 Part I (Without guns)
You want a soviet tank from Russia? Fill out a Form 6 Part I (With or without the cannon, but the cannon would also have to be registered with a $200 tax. No machine gun allowed.)

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
my guess is a harrier with an f16 umm nebermind. its most likely in support of JSF see the photo grametrics stickers in dfront.