Nail Pops?

verucasalt

if anyone knows, could you please tell me if nail pops in the drywall are covered by the 1 yr warrenty for the builder to come out and repair? Thaks in advance for your help!!!!

verucasalt

tri star. I was told that all home warrenties are the same in maryland. is that true? are they by builder or by state? thanks!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
But a good (read decent and reliable) builder will get either his drywall sub or paint sub out to fix any problems.

dn0121

Just wait another year and you will have a ton more if it is anything like my house. 5 y/o house built by Quality Built Homes and popping everywhere. Shows they are not quality at all. If I was the original owner I would be sure to be making QBHs have as bad as reputation as I can.

To not use screws is just ridiculous.

marianne

Depends on your builder but ours was very clear that nail pops would be fixed. They wanted to come out one time at the end of the 1 year to fix everything. Said that most of the nail pops would come out after one year (after a change of seasons) and it was easiest for them to fix all the pops in one visit at the end of that first year. They suggested we not paint the rooms until after the nail pops were fixed. They were right; they fixed all the pops we pointed out at the end of the year. But then we painted and realized there were a ton of nail pops that we didn't see due to the flat contractor paint they had on. Look closely for the pops; you may find them easier if you repaint the ceiling first.