Four Wheeling for Kids?

JMILL24

Cubscout MoM
My husband and I just moved here in april and we're having trouble finding a place for our 6 year old to use his four wheeler. Does anyone know of a place we could take him once or twice a month? We looking into buds Creek but it was too expensive to take a little boy for just an hour of riding time.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

My husband and I just moved here in april and we're having trouble finding a place for our 6 year old to use his four wheeler. Does anyone know of a place we could take him once or twice a month? We looking into buds Creek but it was too expensive to take a little boy for just an hour of riding time.

i'm sure you could ask around and somebody with some unused farmland would let him ride around there (at least i'd think you could find someone to let you do this)

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!

The powerlines get used by us all the time for dirt bikes and Atv's.

I believe Budd's Creek is the only local 4-wheeler park available. You can't go on private land unless you have the owner's permission and that is hard to come by because the owner is liable for injuries/damages incurred by your child should he happen to have an accident on the property. At least that's my understanding.

Elle

Happy Camper!
...i'd hope that it would be someone that is a friend or a friend of a friend that would let them use their land lol. I figured this wouldn't have been a problem :shrug:

Now if that was an option why would they be asking for suggestions on an open forum?

SouthernMdRocks

I believe Budd's Creek is the only local 4-wheeler park available. You can't go on private land unless you have the owner's permission and that is hard to come by because the owner is liable for injuries/damages incurred by your child should he happen to have an accident on the property. At least that's my understanding.

That is the case. A friend of ours allows us to use his farm but no one else, I don't blame him. Farmers are even funny about allowing horse back riding through the woods as well.

vbailey

vbailey
The poerty under the power lines is owned by someone...I would not do it unless you have permission. We have people on our proerty from time to time with 4 wheelers, they destory our stream and have even cut down trees. We had people out at 12:00 at night before. Please do not ride on other peoples property if you do not have permission first. It is hard to get permission because if someone gets hurt the property owner could get sued.

SouthernMdRocks

The poerty under the power lines is owned by someone...I would not do it unless you have permission. We have people on our proerty from time to time with 4 wheelers, they destory our stream and have even cut down trees. We had people out at 12:00 at night before. Please do not ride on other peoples property if you do not have permission first. It is hard to get permission because if someone gets hurt the property owner could get sued.

Most of the time the land under the power lines is county owned but they allow owners whose properties border it to use it for livestock and such.

vbailey

vbailey
My son has a dirt bike, I would never had bought him a dirt bike if I did not have enought of my own property to for him to ride. People are funny about Law suits and public places are just too busy with 4wheelers and bikes I felt it unsafe with so many others ( older ).

vbailey

vbailey
I know people in the Ridge area that own property under the power lines, they get really upset when 4 wheelers are out there and not gotten permission first. They do so much damage to the property leaving beer bottles and such from their parties. We have had the same on our property. Very Frustrating!!

SouthernMdRocks

I know people in the Ridge area that own property under the power lines, they get really upset when 4 wheelers are out there and not gotten permission first. They do so much damage to the property leaving beer bottles and such from their parties. We have had the same on our property. Very Frustrating!!

That would be frustrating to have people use property w/o consent and to litter on top of that!!!

vbailey

vbailey
Just this past Saturday night/Sunday morning 1:30am we had people on our property!! What is the matter with people? Don't buy a 4 wheeler untill you have a place to ride...and please don't trash someones property, we have 20 acres and a lot of it is ravenes and streams, woods and such, Iam sure it is a 4wheelers dream. But people please!!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Didn't they say their SIX year old??

What size ATV are we talking? I'm thinking Budds Creek won't let a six year old on their property on his/ her own ATV.

And if it's "size/age appropriatte" a small front yard should be big enough.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Just this past Saturday night/Sunday morning 1:30am we had people on our property!! What is the matter with people? Don't buy a 4 wheeler untill you have a place to ride...and please don't trash someones property, we have 20 acres and a lot of it is ravenes and streams, woods and such, Iam sure it is a 4wheelers dream. But people please!!!

has anyone at least asked before?

i have never thought it was right at all to have someone ride an atv, dirtbike, or anything like that on private property...

it is kinda different if it is on state/county property though (like if its some old abandoned road or something..., then i'd say its ok. but not on an actual person's property)

vbailey

vbailey
I would check first with the police department. was told you could get a ticket for riding your 4 wheeler/dirt bike on county or state property.