Stop and shoot

R

roscoe69@verizo

Friday Nov.9th around 8 pm a man in Leonardtown is sitting in his easy chair when someone in a SUV fires a single 44 magnum round through his window from the street,the bullet coming within six inches of his head striking the wall.The interesting part about this is whenever something like this happens in Leonardtown it is always embedded deep in the newspaper,in my opinion it should be on the front page,to my knowledge this is the first drive by we have had in Leonardtown. They done the same thing when the lady got her bank deposit strong armed away from her in broad daylight walking to the bank, if you weren't looking for the article you would have never found it. Downtown Leonardtown, such a quiet, quaint little town, you should move your family here!

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
I know the victim, he used to play softball. That's on the back street going to the Elementary school!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I think this part is interesting. The only .44 caliber guns I can think of off hand that eject a cartrdge are the .44 Automag (kinda rare) and a .44 carbine. The rest are single shot or revolvers.

Wonder if it was a typo and they meant .45?

That is what I was thinking too, a drive by with a Desert Eagle? That is not the weapon you associate with thuggery.

R

roscoe69@verizo

Where in Leonardtown? Where did you find the article about this shooting?

It was in the Enterprise, 2nd or 3rd page,street that connects to Leonardtown Elementary, can't remember name, in between Leonardtown Bldg.Supply and the school. I used to work with the guy it happend to.

The concussion of the bullet hitting the wall 6 inches away would be enought to give you brain damage...

Damn - a .44 - not your typical thug weapon, sounds like someone was a target...

Ponytail

:lmao:I don't know. I shot a 44mag before, but it was a revolver. That would have more recoil right? Anyway it wasn't too bad, but I didn't beg to shoot it again.

:shrug: I have one. 'tis no big deal. Accuracy shots, I use a 220 grain, and for attitude adjustment, I use a 300 grain, that shoots fire 6 inches out the end of the barrel, and 4 inches out both sides of the cylinder, and makes your hands feel like they're getting hit in the palm by a sledgehammer.:dude:

I've shot wood chucks with it, and carry it for deer season, though I haven't had the opportunity to shoot at one with it yet. I love that gun.

Novus Collectus

:shrug: I have one. 'tis no big deal. Accuracy shots, I use a 220 grain, and for attitude adjustment, I use a 300 grain, that shoots fire 6 inches out the end of the barrel, and 4 inches out both sides of the cylinder, and makes your hands feel like they're getting hit in the palm by a sledgehammer.:dude:

I've shot wood chucks with it, and carry it for deer season, though I haven't had the opportunity to shoot at one with it yet. I love that gun.

But with a six inch or more barrel recoil isn't as bad.

I shot a .44 magnum for the first time about a month ago. It had a short barrel and for the first shot I made sure to hold it tight with both hands. After the first shot I shook my head and shot all the rest one handed. Extremely powerful gun, but not the beast I thought it would be.

T

toppick08

To everybody concerned, I live on Duke Street where the shooting occured. This used to be knowned as "diaper alley" years ago becaused of all of us kids who lived here. The man who was the recipiant of the bullet is a dear friend of mine,who was reared in the 7'th district. We, and the state police , tend to think this was an accidential discharge. If it was a "hit", they picked the wrong man to play with. He will defend himself and his wife without any question. The shell casing was found right in front of my truck, two houses down. The paper reported an suv, but I and others heared no spinning of tires on the wet street. No question in our minds that the existance of "Leonard's Freehold", is a prime suspect in the shooting. I, and my family have lived here for over 60 years and if this was a drive-by, we will not be intimidated. I never realized a .44 auto was produced and ya'll educated me on that. Anyway, come by Duke Street and enjoy the Christmas lights that the victim puts up. I hope they catch those bastards.

The gentleman is darn lucky he did not get hit by that piece of lead...

I hate to hear of any shootings, it just gives the 'left wingers' more fuel for their fire...