Amish Auction

OldHillcrestGuy

The Amish Auction is this Saturday the 17th, about a mile down Thompsons Corner Rd. on the left starts at 9am.
Really alot of nice things especially quilts.
I understand money they make from this auction every year goes in a fund toward their community for medical expenses they may have during the coming year.
A really good cause.:yay:

The Amish Auction is this Saturday the 17th, about a mile down Thompsons Corner Rd. on the left starts at 9am.
I understand money they make from this auction every year goes in a fund toward their community for medical expenses they may have during the coming year.

Do they normally auction farm equipment? My Dad may be interested.

OldHillcrestGuy

Yes and more the one year I was there some (quilts) went for over $1,000, but most were around $500-$600.

Last edited:

OldHillcrestGuy

Do they normally auction farm equipment? My Dad may be interested.

No farm equipment, this is mainly quilts, and alot of wood crafts that they have, even the little Amish kids build things like birdhouse and smaller woodcraft things. Alot of quilt racks, wall shelfs, small tables, alot of really nice wood items.
Many of the quilts are really beautiful. :howdy:

PJumper

Where's Thompson Corners road?

vbailey

vbailey
I have not been in a couple of yers, the auctioneer is a very good friend ( Rodney Thompson ) they go mostly between $600.00-$900.00, and many over $1000.00.
I went one yr and wanted to buy one so bad, I left crying because thay all went so high I could not get one. The next weekend I went a visited one of the Amish Ladies and her and all her girls/daughters ( about 6 or 7 of them ) made me the most beautiful quilt. I got to pick out all the fabric and get it the way I wanted and paid half the money. I love it, but there is nothing more exciting then to get one at the auction and have them hand it to you right there, I did that one year with one of the lesser expen. ones. I had the young Amish girl who made it sign it for me. I love it. It is really exciting, it truley is an Art show you will never forget.

No farm equipment, this is mainly quilts, and alot of wood crafts that they have, even the little Amish kids build things like birdhouse and smaller woodcraft things. Alot of quilt racks, wall shelfs, small tables, alot of really nice wood items.
Many of the quilts are really beautiful. :howdy:

Eh, I'm not into that kind of stuff. :shrug:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You're a jackarse. There's more to farm equipment than that.

And FYI Some of them do have tractors, they just have steel wheels.

I was just commenting because the Amish in PA didn't use tractors at all that I knew of. They harvested by hand, and plowed and seeded using horses and oxen teams..

I know every Amish village goes by different rules, but figured the farm equimpment would all be one or two horsepower..

I was just commenting because the Amish in PA didn't use tractors at all that I knew of. They harvested by hand, and plowed and seeded using horses and oxen teams..

I know every Amish village goes by different rules, but figured the farm equimpment would all be one or two horsepower..

The majority of them do use animals, but I know of one particular Amish man in St. Mary's County that has one or two John Deeres. It just doesn't have the rubber tires on it (something the Amish are against).

You're a jackarse. There's more to farm equipment than that.

And FYI Some of them do have tractors, they just have steel wheels.
Amish Auction 11-15-2007 09:37 AM
Amish Auction
11-15-2007 09:36 AM I guess you have the market on sarcasm.

Thanks for the unsigned red, loser! :yawn:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Yes and more the one year I was there some (quilts) went for over $1,000, but most were around $500-$600.

The very first year Rodney Thompson did this auction I snagged a wall hanging size quilted piece for $90.
The one thing I remember is having to pee and in the barn the t.p. was a Sears catalog..:lol: