Smile

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Do a search and you'll find many threads with loads of recommendations. I've been going to Tidewater Dental on Great Mills Road in Lexington Park and can highly recommend them. :yay:

keekee

Do a search and you'll find many threads with loads of recommendations. I've been going to Tidewater Dental on Great Mills Road in Lexington Park and can highly recommend them. :yay:

How are they for scheduling 6-month cleanings?
I've been going to Dr. Dabbs for probably 20 years, but they are understaffed and overbooked. Last time I went they couldn't schedule my next 6-month cleaning for over a year! I told them that I was going to have to change dentists, because it has been that way for a couple of years now, and seems to be getting worse.

Maybe I'll check out Tidewater Dental too....

Tidewater is an interesting place. They have the latest and greatest tools and techniques, lots of chairs, lots of staff, but they treat you VERY pleasantly, and actually listen to what you have to say. I broke a tooth and I was in there same-day for a temp. They give you a set of headphones, and you think, "how nice, music..", but when you lay down there's an LCD TV overhead and they hand you a remote for it.....

aanderson

I've been going to Dr. Dabbs for probably 20 years, but they are understaffed and overbooked. Last time I went they couldn't schedule my next 6-month cleaning for over a year! I told them that I was going to have to change dentists, because it has been that way for a couple of years now, and seems to be getting worse.

Tidewater can get you in pretty quickly. I think I had to wait a month, but now I am on a 6 month schedule and having no problems. I am very pleased with them.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

They're great for scheduling appointments - I've had no problems with that. I broke a tooth, which what prompted me to go in the first place, and they got me in early the next day. :yay:

Tidewater is an interesting place. They have the latest and greatest tools and techniques, lots of chairs, lots of staff, but they treat you VERY pleasantly, and actually listen to what you have to say. I broke a tooth and I was in there same-day for a temp. They give you a set of headphones, and you think, "how nice, music..", but when you lay down there's an LCD TV overhead and they hand you a remote for it.....
Yes, when I was in there Monday I was seen promptly, everything was done quickly, and I could watch the TV if I wanted. :lol: When I indicated that something they were doing was causing me pain, they stopped immediately, gave me another shot, and waited until they were sure I was no longer feeling anything. They have a very nice and professional staff with the latest and greatest equipment. :yay:

Tidewater can get you in pretty quickly. I think I had to wait a month, but now I am on a 6 month schedule and having no problems. I am very pleased with them.
The initial booking may take a little bit of time unless it's an emergency, but as I was leaving Monday they scheduled my followup visits right then in the time frame they were supposed to be. I don't like dentists much but I do love this office. :smile:

CaptainJeff

Thanks For all the positive feedback

A friend just pointed out this thread. I am the business manager at Tidewater Dental. I appreciate all the positive feedback from our patients. We do make every effort to get emergencies in immediately and keep hygiene/recare appointments flowing on six month intervals. Our New patient waiting time for a hygiene appointment is about one month, but if you are flexible it can be much quicker. Give us a call to make an appointment 301-862-3900 or check us out on the web at tidewaterdental.com
-Jeff Tomcsik