Thanks for you prayers

Auntie

Dear Calvert, North Beach, Chesapeake Beach community,

I don't know how to start this. I am Alyson & Ryan's aunt, their mother Sue's sister. I felt compelled to join this group just to say thank you. Sue and Robb have not watched the news or read anything really. They couldn't then and probably not for awhile. But I came home yesterday and finally looked at all that has been written or shown on TV.

Two weeks has passed since the accident. Like I said, much has been written and said on this board as well as many other places. Much of it was kind and generous and understanding. Some not so much.

Let me start by saying - my sister and her husband, Sue & Robb are forever changed. They are still raw with the pain and loss. Much has been written and a lot of rumors were printed as facts. The press were relentless that first day. A special thank you to the police in your neighborhood who threatened to arrest any more press that came to their door and they patrolled her street for many days afterward to do what they could for our family. But when the press couldn't reach the family they went searching.

I know there were questions about whether the family allowed pictures from Myspace or whatever.. I can guarantee you they did not. Apparently because both my sister and her husband came to the scene of the accident - they were considered 'notified' by the press and when they were at Ryan's hospital bed holding onto what little hope there was - the press intruded upon their home, calling the house and even the hospital. When they were unavailable - the press did the next best thing - use Aly's Myspace page. YES - the picture they choose was not one my family was happy about. The family tried desperately to shut down the page but we were locked out. And because Aly was a teenager - and quick witted and a very smart one - her parents knew only about one page, not others. To the gentleman on this board who went on and on about the outfit, I know you don't know the family personally, but as my family just now gets a chance to see the news, the blogs and all that has been written I am heartbroken that your hurtful words will cut into them deeply. That shirt was just a shirt. No cleavage - no bare belly button - just bare arms - nothing. That is all I will say about that.

The press put out a lot of false information and to the friend that corrected it here on this board. Thank you.

One thing I want to make clear is that Alyson was driving to her boyfriend's house that morning who lives off of Briscoe's Rd. Normally she wouldn't have gone that way to school. My heart aches for him because he has such guilt about that. Alyson was a good driver. She had been driving for over a year. She followed the laws and yes inexperience was probably what made her make a wrong decision. But you have to remember that the time change occurred only the day before. The sun blinded her as it hit the metal roof of the box truck as it came over the hill. I know this because the man in the car directly behind said it blinded him too. Please know that all the children in the car were wearing seat belts, they did not have loud music playing and no cell phones were in use. This information was delivered directly to my sister from the police. But to cross morning traffic at speeds of 55+ from a complete stop in a minivan that doesn't have the power, etc. is difficult even for experienced drivers. So to those that want a light there - please continue to fight for it. I drove the Rte. 4 at 7AM on a Sat. morning driving to the airport and the cars passed me like I was standing still and I was doing 55.

I know the lack of information was frustrating. But it was a private and personal time. As I read the play by plays yesterday from that Monday I was touched by the kind words of many of you. One of you even mentioned in a post that you hope Sue & Robb could feel the love and support of the community.

YES. They are overwhelmed by the community. They are overwhelmed by the support. They are so grateful that words probably could never explain how touched they are. Many times over the past two weeks I heard both them say they would have never received the love and compassion if they lived anywhere else. THANK YOU FOR THAT! Thank you for reaching out to them. Thank you for your patience as they gather the pieces of what is left in their lives.

One last thing.. you all should be very proud of your youth in the community. As I listened to the young men and women at the service I realized that they are strong and loving and so full of promise. Also, to see all the police and fire and ambulances block traffic and salute the procession as it passed was touching and amazing and overwhelming. God bless them all.

All my love to everyone in the community. My heart is broken but I know that I left my family in a community that does care and will help them.

Hugs,
Auntie

greyhound

Please do not feel that you have to explain anything about that day. We all feel for you and your family. I have teenagers and just 4 days ago my son told me that he knew Alyson from some of the local concerts. Please know that we think of you everyday.

lips_sealed

i love a man's forearms
My heart goes out to your entire family. I also have 2 teenagers, and as I sat here reading this with my husband, we were both crying.

I continue to pray for your family. God Bless

wineo

loving life
I know that it most have been very hard for you to write this, I will keep them in my prayers.

S

Special_K44

thanks for the prayers

Your niece and nephew are blessed with an aunt like you. Sincere sympathy goes to your family.

somdprincess

The one and only Princess
Please send our love and support to the family. If there is anything we can do. Please PM us. We will be there in a snap.

I am also sorry about the posts that upset you. They were uncalled for. I am sorry you and the family had to see that.

God Bless you and your family and know we are only a post away

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Please do not feel that you have to explain anything about that day. We all feel for you and your family. I have teenagers and just 4 days ago my son told me that he knew Alyson from some of the local concerts. Please know that we think of you everyday.

:yeahthat:

Both the article in today's wash post and your post Auntie, have brought me to tears. My heart goes out to your entire family for the horrible horrible pain your all feeling.

I am so sorry for your loss.

It is a sad and tragic event... this young child and her brother paid the ultimate price for a mistake which will forever impact their family and friends.

I just hope and pray someone learns from the facts you have provided.

My parents suffered the sudden loss of my brother in an accident as well at a young age, in time things will get better, but never forgotten.

- God Bless

keepsmiling

Prayers for the friends and family.

Attachments

• smangel[1].gif
    smangel[1].gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 25

Darcy

I'm sorry to hear about the post, please send our love in the board to the family. God bless you all.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
It must still be very painful for all of you but I hope it brings you some comfort to know that people continue to pray and that Aly and Ryan's sister has not been forgotten either. May God bless you all and we do mean it that if you need anything at all just PM us and we will be glad to help out even if it is just to listen.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
This loss was felt so hard with the people in our community. Even though we may have not known Aly and Ryan personaly we still felt a big loss and grief when hearing this. No way does it compare to yours but know in your heart that we stand behind you.