Keller Bus - Mattawoman/Beantown Commuter Parking Lot Warning

ShyGirl

Just wanted to let other commuters know that there have been reports of catalytic converters being hacked out of cars in the Keller Bus parking lot at Mattawoman/Beantown.

I know of two instances that happened last Friday.

The police were notified in at least one of the instances. And according to them, the catalytic converters are being sold for $40 as scrap metal.

oldman

Lobster Land
Cause they contain precious metals, e.g., Rhodium, Platinum, and Palladium

Yep. I've read several reports of the converters being sawed off in park and rides and car dealerships up and down the east cost. I'm sure it happens in other areas as well. It's along the same lines as copper thefts, there is money in it.

beamher

if i read(skimmed) correctly they were stealing them from the lot at waldorf mall; :faint: i guess it doesn't really matter to a thief, but you have got to be pretty bold to do that where i would imagine traffic back and forth. and is it something that you have to pop the hood for because i would imagine someone reporting suspicious activity in the commuter area or being noticed by mall patrol:shrug:.

is it something that you have to pop the hood for because i would imagine someone reporting suspicious activity in the commuter area or being noticed by mall patrol:shrug:.

No - they are under the car inline with the exhaust... but with that said, it would still generate a look or two...

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
We had a horrible problem with the lots in Calvert. They finally caught the people..a few of them. For a couple of years, they were stealing air bags...while they were in the cars, they also took what they wanted. It was a weekly occurence.

papermate

Yup, it happens. My cousin had here starter stolen from her jeep one day. :eyebrow: You work hard for everything you have and someone just steels it because they don’t want to work or need money for heroin.:tantrum