Harry's Back!

B

Betty_Elms

Anyone besides Satine and I excited about the new Harry Potter book? I can't wait for tomorrow, I feel like a kid at Christmas!
I want to know which major character is killed off, and what Dumbledore should have "told Harry 5 years ago...". It's going to be a killer weekend...I'm attempting 900 (almost) pages in 2 days. Wooohoooo!

SxyPrincess

I haven't read any of the books, but everyone I've talked to who has read them say they are great! I tried watching one of the movies the other night, but I couldn't get interested in it. :ohwell:

Hope you have a great reading weekend! :cheers:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I've read all the books. They're great escapist reading. The movies were very good. I was watching part of the interview the author had with Katie Couric, and it sounds like this book is going to be very interesting.

I think I'll pick up the latest one this weekend. Let us know how you like it, but don't spoil it for us. It will probably take me a few weeks to find enough time to read it all.

B

Betty_Elms

The book was great! The ending was really good, and made me sad I will have to wait years to know what will be next.:biggrin:
I don't want to say too much and give away anything...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I picked it up Saturday from BJ's Wholesale in Waldorf. I got to read the first couple of pages. *sigh*

Blondie76

I picked it up last week. I've read a couple of chapters so far. Read all the others too. Saw both movies. I'm always a bit disappointed in the movies that are based on books. It was good, but not great. The first movie stayed true to the book up until the middle. The rest of the movie felt very rushed. Buy I definately recommend this book for a great escape from reality.:biggrin:

K

Kizzy

My 7 year old is in the middle of book #3 and we bought book #4 for him. I cannot believe he enjoys reading so much at his age. (He reads at a 5th or 6th grade level the school says) I'll have to get the 5th book for him and maybe read them myself. My son says there is going to be 7 books total? :shrug: Is he right?

B

Betty_Elms

Yep, seven books...1 for each year Harry is at Hogwarts. Although it could be another 6 years until we see the end of the series....it took her 3 years to write "Order of the Pheonix".

ice_queen

:dance: I've enjoyed the Harry Potter books. I've read them all and Order of the Phoenix is one that will grab you and have you hooked for days. The ending is really intriguing and unexpected. Hope you enjoy it as well when you get it.