softball?

jeepin

Hey, I'm new to the area and want to join a softball team (since I'm assuming that there aren't any local men's baseball teams). I heard that softball is pretty big here, so anyone have any league/contact information? Thanks.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by jeepin
Hey, I'm new to the area and want to join a softball team (since I'm assuming that there aren't any local men's baseball teams). I heard that softball is pretty big here, so anyone have any league/contact information? Thanks.

I play in this baseball league... http://www.chasmbaseball.com
There is all so the Southern Maryland Mens Senior Baseball League... http://www.mdmsbl.com/

jeepin

Nice! You know if it's too late to get on a team or if any teams need someone? I just graduated from college where I played ball for 4 years...and I'm definitely tryin to get back on the field here.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Nice! You know if it's too late to get on a team or if any teams need someone? I just graduated from college where I played ball for 4 years...and I'm definitely tryin to get back on the field here.

I think you can join the Chasm league any time, but I'm not certain. as for the other, I don't know.

G

giggles04

I'd tell ya to join the young men's softball league in the county but the season is halfway done already. So I'd go with what Sleuth said!

RodRugg

Baseball is dangerous and even softball is dangerous so don't be fooled. One time I got clobbered in the throat from a baseball at some batting cage and it nearly took my head right off. I swinged at the first one and missed and my shoe came off. Then I was trying to get my shoe and that machine throwed one right at my throat. The doctor said if it would hit me in the face I would be dead. He also said that I would cough blood for 6 months and he was totally right! Also some girl down the street was playing baseball and got hit by a car.

jeepin

Originally posted by RodRugg
Baseball is dangerous and even softball is dangerous so don't be fooled. One time I got clobbered in the throat from a baseball at some batting cage and it nearly took my head right off. I swinged at the first one and missed and my shoe came off. Then I was trying to get my shoe and that machine throwed one right at my throat. The doctor said if it would hit me in the face I would be dead. He also said that I would cough blood for 6 months and he was totally right! Also some girl down the street was playing baseball and got hit by a car.

thanks...very helpful. i will definitely keep that in mind. perhaps you should check out http://www.specialolympics.org for your next sporting activities. it might be more..."you."