Cat toys

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm looking for some good toys to stuff in Claudia's stocking. (Yes, my cat gets a stocking - shut up about it.)

She's an older cat - 13 - and isn't particularly playful. I tried the kitty fishing toy and she just sits and stares at it before turning her back. She'll occasionally chase a ball and she gets wound up over her catnip mouse.

Any other ideas?

Pete

Repete
I'm looking for some good toys to stuff in Claudia's stocking. (Yes, my cat gets a stocking - shut up about it.)

She's an older cat - 13 - and isn't particularly playful. I tried the kitty fishing toy and she just sits and stares at it before turning her back. She'll occasionally chase a ball and she gets wound up over her catnip mouse.

Any other ideas?

Timmy is particularly fond of the caps of water bottles.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Timmy is particularly fond of the caps of water bottles.

But Timmy's playful and still has a lot of kitten in him. Claudia doesn't bat things around, that I'm aware of. And I even bought her laminate floors to facilitate the batting process. No dice.

Pete

Repete
But Timmy's playful and still has a lot of kitten in him. Claudia doesn't bat things around, that I'm aware of. And I even bought her laminate floors to facilitate the batting process. No dice.

Too bad because I have about 40 of them under the couch I would have given to you. :lol:

Kittykat33

Why me??

Any other ideas?

Both of my cats get stockings too. They love anything with Cat nip in it. Like the mice and balls. ABout 3 years ago I got them this Santa hat from PetSmart that makes a crinkle noise when they play with it and they still love it. Thanks for reminding me I have to go get them stuff here soon.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
My cat was quite thrilled to be playing with a sparrow this morning. I couldn't catch him.....:ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Actually, you know what? Chasey gave me an idea:

Would it be cruel to get a hamster so that she could watch it? Not cruel to her, but cruel to the hamster having this predatory cat peering in at it all the time. Do you think the hamster would care?

Kittykat33

Why me??
Actually, you know what? Chasey gave me an idea:

Would it be cruel to get a hamster so that she could watch it? Not cruel to her, but cruel to the hamster having this predatory cat peering in at it all the time. Do you think the hamster would care?

Fish tank also works. Trouble loves to watch our fish, it is too funny to see her watching them.

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
I have a couple of older cats who aren't exactly young and spry anymore, and while they'll turn their noses up at just about any jingle-ball or feather-toy, they absolutely cannot resist the Laser Pointer. I highly recommend it.

SpriteZero

How about some organic cat nip?
My cats love the stuff..really "good" stuff...
At her age, she could use a good "high" now and then..and at her age..why should she be forced to play with toys?
Give her a good buzz and she will be a happy cat!!:killingme

Any other ideas?
I found the greatest give for cats last year at a local craft fair. This lady makes cat quilts. It's a padded square that has catnip incorporated internally in the center square of the quilt. it is machine washable and the catnip can be refreshed over the years simply by ironing the center square. I bought one for my sisters two cats and one for my mom's two cats last year for Christmas.

The cats LOVE it. My sis has an older and a younger cat. The older cat LOVES to curl up and sleep on it. The younger cat LOVES to tunnel under it and use it as a cat cave. My mom's two cats loved it as well. Rocky was dying from cancer this time last year so I let my mom open this gift for them early. Rocky slept on it all the time. Velcro is a very old cat who still uses that cat pad to this very day. He tends to chose it to curl up on as well.

I was skeptical when I first purchased them, but now that I've seen how well received they were in two different homes, I'd buy them again for other cats in a heartbeat!