Beware of Waldorf Sales Mgrs - Toyota

Micki

Okay, so we have all heard the horror stories about car sales manager's and how they can infuriate their customers. But how many are willing to infuriate a customer who comes from THREE generations of Toyota owners, two purchased by her parents, two purchased by herself and two purchased by her daughters? And of the six, four were purchased at Toyota of Waldorf.

Last week (Friday) I went to Toyota of Waldorf looking for a convertible Camry Solara. They had the SLE model which had several scratches and would need a visit to the body shop prior to releasing the car to me in order to remove/repair the scratches. I had purchased a Solara Coupe last December 2006 from Waldorf Toyota and could not have been happier with the sales manager John Link, but I was informed that Mr. Link no longer worked at Toyota of Waldorf. So I worked with the current sales staff ---the beginning of the nightmare. I was informed that my 11 month old vehicle was in "fair" condition and only worth $16,000, and my husband's 2001 Silverado was in "fair" condition and was worth $7,000. Needless to say I was insulted and infuriated that they actually had the audacity to present an offer of $16,000 on a car that I had purchased from them 11 months prior for $24,000+. When I asked them what was fair about the car, they offered no details. I requested a list of items that made it "fair" so I could bring it back to them for warranty work and bring it to "excellent" condition. Again---no response. Then, to my utter disbelief, and to add insult to injury, the sales manager, Wilson, had the nerve to inform me that, "well you only paid $500 over invoice when you purchased your car last year." Now, I ask you, what right did he have pulling my old sales data and using it at that very moment? If I had purchased the car at another dealer, he would NOT have had access to that information. So what was his point? Perhaps he was trying to make me feel small because I had received a good deal on my car 11 months prior and they were going to gouge the hell out of me now! At least that is the way I felt. Needless to say, I left the dealership, furious and insulted and will NEVER go back to Toyota of Waldorf :loser::to purchase another vehicle.

Well, on Saturday, I was in Lexington Park and wanted to see what they had to say about my car--I know, a glutton for punishment. Imagine my complete relief when I saw the smiling face of Mr. John Link :howdy:sitting behind the desk at Southern Maryland Toyota! My old friendly and honest sales manager! Well, we talked about the trade in of my vehicles and the purchase of a convertible Solara and I must say, he washed away the uglyness that was left on me by Toyota of Waldorf. Not only did he and I agree on "EXCELLENT" condition of my 11 month old car, but he offered thousands more than Waldorf had offered, and the same with the Silverado--he offered several thousand more! And finally, he found the vehicle I wanted, right color, right interior and $500 over invoice! YIPPEEE.....I couldn't be happier and I owe my holiday happiness to Mr. John Link of Southern Maryland Toyota! So, if you have similar horror stories and want to be treated with respect and equitably, please go see Mr. Link at Southern Maryland Toyota in Lexington Park! He is NOT your typical Toyota of Waldorf sales manager. :buddies:

Just a closing note, when one of the sales manager's at Toyota of Waldorf is the owner's grandson, we all know that he did not work his way up in the company, and his young age is a detriment to his skills working with the public. Because he was instrumental in escalating a bad situation into a worse one when he jumped up from the sales desk and started shaking the "BLACK BOOK" in my face and telling me "I am the one who said your vehicle was worth $16,000 and I actually gave you an additionall $500!" Of a total of three sales manager's on duty not ONE cared enough, or perhaps they were not experienced enough to try to defuse the situation. It is still unbelieveable to me that they let a 2nd generation customer walk out their doors with not so much as an apology!

I could not have been happier yesterday:yahoo:, as I drove into Toyota of Waldorf to cancel my previous extended warranty and give my Toyota of Waldorf license plate holder back the sales manager's at the desk!

Anyone out there with similar experiences, please post.

Good for you - congratulations!!! It seems that the honest ones are fired from the big dealerships in Waldorf. I was looking for my sales person at Honda in Waldorf and was told "he no longer works here"!!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know, when I see these gushing posts about some sales person, I always assume the poster is in fact that sales person, and not just merely a "happy customer".

Attitude

Okay, so we have all heard the horror stories about car sales manager's and how they can infuriate their customers. But how many are willing to infuriate a customer who comes from THREE generations of Toyota owners, two purchased by her parents, two purchased by herself and two purchased by her daughters? And of the six, four were purchased at Toyota of Waldorf.

Last week (Friday) I went to Toyota of Waldorf looking for a convertible Camry Solara. They had the SLE model which had several scratches and would need a visit to the body shop prior to releasing the car to me in order to remove/repair the scratches. I had purchased a Solara Coupe last December 2006 from Waldorf Toyota and could not have been happier with the sales manager John Link, but I was informed that Mr. Link no longer worked at Toyota of Waldorf. So I worked with the current sales staff ---the beginning of the nightmare. I was informed that my 11 month old vehicle was in "fair" condition and only worth $16,000, and my husband's 2001 Silverado was in "fair" condition and was worth $7,000. Needless to say I was insulted and infuriated that they actually had the audacity to present an offer of $16,000 on a car that I had purchased from them 11 months prior for $24,000+. When I asked them what was fair about the car, they offered no details. I requested a list of items that made it "fair" so I could bring it back to them for warranty work and bring it to "excellent" condition. Again---no response. Then, to my utter disbelief, and to add insult to injury, the sales manager, Wilson, had the nerve to inform me that, "well you only paid $500 over invoice when you purchased your car last year." Now, I ask you, what right did he have pulling my old sales data and using it at that very moment? If I had purchased the car at another dealer, he would NOT have had access to that information. So what was his point? Perhaps he was trying to make me feel small because I had received a good deal on my car 11 months prior and they were going to gouge the hell out of me now! At least that is the way I felt. Needless to say, I left the dealership, furious and insulted and will NEVER go back to Toyota of Waldorf :loser::to purchase another vehicle.

Well, on Saturday, I was in Lexington Park and wanted to see what they had to say about my car--I know, a glutton for punishment. Imagine my complete relief when I saw the smiling face of Mr. John Link :howdy:sitting behind the desk at Southern Maryland Toyota! My old friendly and honest sales manager! Well, we talked about the trade in of my vehicles and the purchase of a convertible Solara and I must say, he washed away the uglyness that was left on me by Toyota of Waldorf. Not only did he and I agree on "EXCELLENT" condition of my 11 month old car, but he offered thousands more than Waldorf had offered, and the same with the Silverado--he offered several thousand more! And finally, he found the vehicle I wanted, right color, right interior and $500 over invoice! YIPPEEE.....I couldn't be happier and I owe my holiday happiness to Mr. John Link of Southern Maryland Toyota! So, if you have similar horror stories and want to be treated with respect and equitably, please go see Mr. Link at Southern Maryland Toyota in Lexington Park! He is NOT your typical Toyota of Waldorf sales manager. :buddies:

Just a closing note, when one of the sales manager's at Toyota of Waldorf is the owner's grandson, we all know that he did not work his way up in the company, and his young age is a detriment to his skills working with the public. Because he was instrumental in escalating a bad situation into a worse one when he jumped up from the sales desk and started shaking the "BLACK BOOK" in my face and telling me "I am the one who said your vehicle was worth $16,000 and I actually gave you an additionall $500!" Of a total of three sales manager's on duty not ONE cared enough, or perhaps they were not experienced enough to try to defuse the situation. It is still unbelieveable to me that they let a 2nd generation customer walk out their doors with not so much as an apology!

I could not have been happier yesterday:yahoo:, as I drove into Toyota of Waldorf to cancel my previous extended warranty and give my Toyota of Waldorf license plate holder back the sales manager's at the desk!

Anyone out there with similar experiences, please post.

:yahoo: You go girl!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She seems sincere - at least I hope so!

It's not uncommon for sales reps and business owners to come on here pretending to be a satisfied customer. My suspicions about this person are based on two things:

Why are they trading in a car they just bought last year? And why are they buying a convertible with winter coming on? Oh, and a third thing is that if they're such great customers of Mr. Link, why wouldn't he have informed them when he moved to a different dealership? Most sales reps do that.

For all I know, this story is the truth and exactly as it happened. But it could also be a fraud, intended to slam a competitor. So take posts like this with a grain of salt.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It's not uncommon for sales reps and business owners to come on here pretending to be a satisfied customer. My suspicions about this person are based on two things:

Why are they trading in a car they just bought last year? And why are they buying a convertible with winter coming on? Oh, and a third thing is that if they're such great customers of Mr. Link, why wouldn't he have informed them when he moved to a different dealership? Most sales reps do that.

For all I know, this story is the truth and exactly as it happened. But it could also be a fraud, intended to slam a competitor. So take posts like this with a grain of salt.

:gheynet:

P

Patch Tuesday

You got a point...

Auto sales are really sucking since the media told everybody there's a housing bubble and got them all worried for nothing...

:jameo:

Micki

You know, when I see these gushing posts about some sales person, I always assume the poster is in fact that sales person, and not just merely a "happy customer".

You know, now that I read that thread again, I can see your point.
She is trading in a 2006 Solara Coupe and a 2001 Silverado for a (new) convertible Camry Solara at his time of year. What is he going to drive in now - the kids' stroller???

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I am rushing right down to the local Toyota dealer on Monday to buy a new car. I saw it on the internet so I know it's true.

I have known John Link personally for years - since I was a young teenager and later I worked with him at Safeway (prior to car sales). John is a friend of the family and I also know his brothers - they are all GREAT people and John is a fine example of a what a true Southern Marylander is - treat your neighbors with respect.

John gives a no BS deal. I own two Toyota's because of him and will buy a Toyota from no-one else. I walk in, tell him what I want and he delivers with a price - no arguing, it is what it is - and I guarantee you it WILL BE the lowest price.

bcp

In My Opinion
I had the exact opposite experience in my last dealing with the LP Toyota dealer...

They low-balled me on my trade, and Carmax in Laurel gave me a lot more money...

The guy there had enough nerve to tell me "I should go sell my trade to Carmax, and then come buy a car from them!"

Needless to say, they got nothing...

:popcorn:
only fools purchase a car.
you are far better off renting one

I had the exact opposite experience in my last dealing with the LP Toyota dealer...

They low-balled me on my trade, and Carmax in Laurel gave me a lot more money...

The guy there had enough nerve to tell me "I should go sell my trade to Carmax, and then come buy a car from them!"

Needless to say, they got nothing...

:popcorn:

We had the same experience with Southern Toyota in LP - they tried to screw us, but this was before John Link was there... I immediately drove to Waldorf and spoke with John - I left with the car I wanted, the price I wanted and my trade price in under 45 minutes...

The key is John Link, not the dealership... I could give a rat's ass about the dealership - I just deal with John...