Restaurant for birthday dinner in PF

johnjrval424

If tomorrow was your birthday (hint, hint) and your FIL and his wife wanted to take you out (because your husband chose to have his knee operated on 3 days prior) - where would you go in Prince Frederick that would be easy on the wallet but appeal to all tastes?

If I asked my FIL, he would say Bob Evans but I'm looking for something a little more...

Mikeinsmd

If tomorrow was your birthday (hint, hint) and your FIL and his wife wanted to take you out (because your husband chose to have his knee operated on 3 days prior) - where would you go in Prince Frederick that would be easy on the wallet but appeal to all tastes?

If I asked my FIL, he would say Bob Evans but I'm looking for something a little more...
Red Hot & Blue, Jaspers, Applebees, Ruby Tuesdays

johnjrval424

Has anyone been to the Jaspers down here yet? I went to the one in Crofton a few times before moving down here. I just wonder if it is the same quality/atmosphere.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Roberts, Outback or Jaspers..none are cheap but much better than applebys, red hot and blue or ruby tuesdays..We go to Mexico quite a bit, cheap and we love the food..

Otter

Nothing to see here
Has anyone been to the Jaspers down here yet? I went to the one in Crofton a few times before moving down here. I just wonder if it is the same quality/atmosphere.

Love the food at Jaspers, the service leaves ALOT to be desired..maybe they have straightened that out, its been a couple months since we've been there.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Ruby's and Red Hot and Blue are awful. Applebee's is okay. I'd pick Roberts, then Jaspers. Outback is decent too.

Mom's in the Kitchen has good meals too.

Otter

Nothing to see here

Adams :yay: always consistent, always good service

Stoney's..I just go for the crab cakes, service is usually terrible..no training whatsoever for the wait staff..half the meals will come out followed 15 minutes later by the rest of the party's meals. There are good waiter/waitresses there, but they are few and far between. I wouldn't be so harsh on them but they've been around for years with the same service problems and they don't seem to care.

johnjrval424

Adams :yay: always consistent, always good service

Stoney's..I just go for the crab cakes, service is usually terrible..no training whatsoever for the wait staff..half the meals will come out followed 15 minutes later by the rest of the party's meals. There are good waiter/waitresses there, but they are few and far between. I wouldn't be so harsh on them but they've been around for years with the same service problems and they don't seem to care.

The last time I went to Stoneys in PF was about 2 years ago. They were wayyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced and I didn't think the service was that great then. Dinner for 6 cost over $200 with no alcohol. We've never been back...

Unfortunately for me, Sakura would be out of the question for my FIL and his wife. I'm all about trying new things but there's no way they would agree to it.

Adams is a good choice - we've been there and really enjoyed it. I'm tempted to try Jaspers but I don't want to be disappointed. Maybe some other day, but not on my birthday. :diva:

SpriteZero

The steak and chicken, grilled with rice is safe and very good, esp with the yum yum sauce.

Comes with fried rice, grilled veggies, soup and salad..rather tame menu...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Two strikes:

(1) It's in Hollywood - I'm looking for something in PF or close
(2) It's closed on Mondays (already looked at their website).

Thanks anyway!

Broaden your horizons and go on a different day.

I don't think anyone mentioned Old Field Inn in PF.