Amazon.com holiday question...

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

By any chance has somebody ordered from amazon.com during holiday season and ordered an item that they listed was out of stock and "would arrive after dec. 25" gotten that item sometime before xmas? I'm clinging here but hoping that the item i wanted to order the other day (but didn't order until today..when its now out of stock because my home internet was down) will get here even sooner than that because its actually a december bday present lol. :crossesfingers:

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
I haven't ... but maybe you can wrap a picture of it in a box and give it to the person ... then give them the gift when it arrives?

Last year we had two things that came in on the 24th from them - I was pleasantly surprised!

Keep your fingers crossed!!

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I haven't ... but maybe you can wrap a picture of it in a box and give it to the person ... then give them the gift when it arrives?

ha, its jewelry...i'd do that for some things, but not jewelry for the SO. I mean, i already have some DKNY perfume for her...so its not like i wouldn't be giving anything, but i also wanna give jewelry too cuz just perfume is kinda boring. I figure maybe i'll get a nice fancy necklace that i intended for xmas and the perfume for her bday and then just give her the bracelet/earrings (matching, seperate orders though cuz i'm hoping maybe one ships...) to her for xmas?

edit...

i guess that idea is out the window if these things don't get here by xmas...wow...blah..time to think up a new plan lol

fedex

Relax, it's fedex
You should have gone to a local jewelry store instead of buying it on amazon. Just my thoughts...

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

You should have gone to a local jewelry store instead of buying it on amazon. Just my thoughts...

o, thats what i'm going to do with my other gift. i just ran across something that she'd like on amazon.com so i wanted to get it lol. it doesn't look like something i've seen in a jewelry store around here :shrug:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Just wanted to post this reply email..

for anyone who may be interested in ordering one of the items listed the same way in the future...

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com with your concern. I do understand your frustration in this regard. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. I have checked our web site and found that these item as listed not in stock.
--Item X
--Item XX

When an item is listed as "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available" this means it's an item that is not ordered frequently--so we can't predict exactly how long it will take us to obtain it or when we will be able to ship it to you. After you place your order, we'll do our best to get the item for you. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information from our suppliers. If the order takes too long to meet your needs, you may cancel it at any time before it enters the shipping process and you will not be charged for it. For more information about our availability estimates, please visit our Help pages: Amazon.com: Help#>#Shipping#>#Availability Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Makes sense to me. Most of that information was already listed, I just found the idea interesting that an item listed this way could theoretically get here any time, they just order it infrequently. I figure that at least in my case I'll wait for the email regarding the items to know of a shipping date and then cancel if its too late. Thanks for any input ya'll. :buddies:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

one last bump from me.

GREAT NEWS!

One of the two items I ordered was recieved by amazon and then shipped to me. Should (barring any USPS issues) get here by her birthday...the original day I wanted to give this gift to her :biggrin:

It would really make my christmas if the other item comes too because that was actually the larger piece of jewelry, but either way I'm good for now :smile:

goes to show that sometimes its worth it to take a chance :yay:

Last edited:

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
By any chance has somebody ordered from amazon.com during holiday season and ordered an item that they listed was out of stock and "would arrive after dec. 25" gotten that item sometime before xmas? I'm clinging here but hoping that the item i wanted to order the other day (but didn't order until today..when its now out of stock because my home internet was down) will get here even sooner than that because its actually a december bday present lol. :crossesfingers:

Yes I did. When I ordered it it didn't say it was out of stock but said it wouldn't arrive before Christmas. It did arrive yesterday :)

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Last year I ordered something the weekend after Thanksgiving. It was supposed to arrive mid-Dec. Then they changed it and it wasn't supposed to arrive until the 27th. Then it was sometime in January. I got it the week after Christmas.

That was something that came USPS. The issue was with Amazon, USPS did their part timely. The year before, I ordered something and Amazon shipped it Fedex ground. Fedex effed up royally and I had to drive to the Fedex warehouse in Beltsville to find my package myself.