PG County Cop Sets Great Example

SMACsoccer

12/7/07 3:30am, intersection of 197 and Mitchellville Rd in Bowie. Squad car #4572.

You stopped at a red light beside me, looked both ways, then proceeded through the intersection as the light was still red. Okay, maybe you had an important call and didn't respond with your wigwags on...I gave you the benefit of the doubt. You turned south on 301 and by the time I got there, I could see your tail lights until you sped off into the distance. Meanwhile, I was nearly out of gas. I pulled into the Wawa just south of Central Ave and noticed three squad cars in the parking lot, with four deputies inside.

It only took me 30 seconds to recognize who you were. I asked if you drove 72 and you said yes. I asked why you disobeyed a traffic control device without responding to a legitimate call and you looked dumbfounded. The only defense you had was "go file a report, dey be a po-leese stashun do da road". I couldn't get your name because your jacket was covering it, and you refused to give it to me.

So, screw you PG Cop. The report is filed.

gingerbreadgurl

12/7/07 3:30am, intersection of 197 and Mitchellville Rd in Bowie. Squad car #4572.

You stopped at a red light beside me, looked both ways, then proceeded through the intersection as the light was still red. Okay, maybe you had an important call and didn't respond with your wigwags on...I gave you the benefit of the doubt. You turned south on 301 and by the time I got there, I could see your tail lights until you sped off into the distance. Meanwhile, I was nearly out of gas. I pulled into the Wawa just south of Central Ave and noticed three squad cars in the parking lot, with four deputies inside.

It only took me 30 seconds to recognize who you were. I asked if you drove 72 and you said yes. I asked why you disobeyed a traffic control device without responding to a legitimate call and you looked dumbfounded. The only defense you had was "go file a report, dey be a po-leese stashun do da road". I couldn't get your name because your jacket was covering it, and you refused to give it to me.

Like the old Dunkin Donuts commercials, TIME TO MAKE THE DONUTS!

awpitt

Main Streeter

Good for you for following through and filing the report. I'd be interested in knowing what, if any, response you get.

Novus Collectus

I grew up as a teenager in PG county back in the late 80s early 90s and the PG police were rife with brutal thugs in uniforms surrounded by otherwise decent officers which tolerated a lot of bad stuff those bad officers did.
They were mean, nasty, rough, abusive, sometimes corrupt, arrogant and ass generaly ass wipes.

Today's PG officers are generally exemplarary and compared to the ones 20 years ago, I couldn't give a damn about a little thing like them running a red light. They can run a red light whenever their little hearts desire as long as they show up to help us when called during an emergency. I have respect for the current PG force.

Now the brand new Bowie police department is another story, they have earned the reputation for being Barney Fifes overzealously going by the book and writing tickets left and right for the littlest thing as well as harrassing some lawful citizens doing nothing wrong, so if I see one of them run a red, I'd file a complaint on them too.....sort of hold them to the same standard they are trying to impose on the Bowieites sort of thing.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Now the brand new Bowie police department is another story, they have earned the reputation for being Barney Fifes overzealously going by the book and writing tickets left and right for the littlest thing as well as harrassing some lawful citizens doing nothing wrong, so if I see one of them run a red, I'd file a complaint on them too.....sort of hold them to the same standard they are trying to impose on the Bowieites sort of thing.

:revenuegenerators:

SMACsoccer

Today's PG officers are generally exemplarary and compared to the ones 20 years ago, I couldn't give a damn about a little thing like them running a red light. They can run a red light whenever their little hearts desire as long as they show up to help us when called during an emergency. I have respect for the current PG force.

So where do you draw the line when no emergency exists?

Novus Collectus

:revenuegenerators:
I don't know if this is true, but I have heard traffic tickets fines all go to the state and not the local government.

Now the municipal violation fees may be different, but I think it has more to do with the new department chief and the officers trying to impress the mayor, City Council and the City Manager to make it look like they are working hard.

smilin

BOXER NATION

Good for you. Life is a two way street!
:yahoo: