New Officer Housing Behind Giant/Target

Hawkeyewife

Just an update, the first block of the Officer Housing behind Target/Giant is now ready for occupancy. The only ones ready are 4 bedroom homes so if you qualify and want to move in, you should call up Lincoln Military, they should have these homes all rented out by Christmas. The rent for the housing equals BAH and utilities are included! They are over 2500 sq feet, with 3 and a half baths, kitchens with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances and a gas fireplace in the living room. A detached 2-car garage is located behind each home - NICE!

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Just an update, the first block of the Officer Housing behind Target/Giant is now ready for occupancy. The only ones ready are 4 bedroom homes so if you qualify and want to move in, you should call up Lincoln Military, they should have these homes all rented out by Christmas. The rent for the housing equals BAH and utilities are included! They are over 2500 sq feet, with 3 and a half baths, kitchens with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances and a gas fireplace in the living room. A detached 2-car garage is located behind each home - NICE!

What about the Enlisted?

Are you better than them?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
What about the Enlisted?

I was wondering why they would put SNCO/O housing directly behind the shopping center and put the enlisted housing down St. Andrew's. If anybody had half a brain cell when doing this they would have realized that the E's are more than likely to have only one car and young families therefore they should be closer to the shopping center instead of SNCO's and up. IMHO

BUT the neighborhood does border the landfill so...

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
It has to do with the flight paths of aircraft and noise. The Flat Tops is a "potential crash zone" since it is directly below a flight path. I'm sure KK or some one much more knowledgeable can fill in my broad generalizations, but that should be the gist of it.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
It has to do with the flight paths of aircraft and noise. The Flat Tops is a "potential crash zone" since it is directly below a flight path. I'm sure KK or some one much more knowledgeable can fill in my broad generalizations, but that should be the gist of it.
Air Installations Compatible Use Zones (AICUZ) is to protect the health, safety and welfare of those living near military airfields while preserving the defense flying mission.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
ohhh ok. Thanks. But havent those houses been there for a long time? Is this something new?
The Flat Tops were there back before the higher performance and noisy jets came about resulting in the AICUZ program in responce to the Noise Control Act of 1972. Not to mention some of the heavier aircraft that now operate at Pax. Besides after the housing was turned over by the Navy it went downhill to the point of it needing to be dozed down.

Harvick29

Will the Glenn Forest housing area remain then ? I believe that area isnt that old and is still in good condition.

MMDad

Lem Putt
What about the Enlisted?

They don't want the enlisted men anywhere near the officers wives. They are worried that if the offcer's wives were exposed to real men, the officers would no longer have wives.

They like to pretend that it's all about "fraternization" and stuff, but it's really just the only way that officers can stay married.

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
They don't want the enlisted men anywhere near the officers wives. They are worried that if the offcer's wives were exposed to real men, the officers would no longer have wives.

They like to pretend that it's all about "fraternization" and stuff, but it's really just the only way that officers can stay married.

:lmao::whistle:

FerretRescue

bite me
The Flat Tops were there back before the higher performance and noisy jets came about resulting in the AICUZ program in responce to the Noise Control Act of 1972. Not to mention some of the heavier aircraft that now operate at Pax. Besides after the housing was turned over by the Navy it went downhill to the point of it needing to be dozed down.

Oh thanks. I did not know that. Do they have housing on base?