cremation vs. traditional burial

MMDad

Lem Putt
Cook me and throw me in the ocean.

:yeahthat:

I would prefer to have a navy burial at sea.

But my wife says she would want something to visit, so maybe I'd want to have my ashes put at Arlington.

I see no reason to take up space in a grave.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:yeahthat:

I would prefer to have a navy burial at sea.

But my wife says she would want something to visit, so maybe I'd want to have my ashes put at Arlington.

I see no reason to take up space in a grave.

I visit my grandparents at sea. :shrug:

GopherM

Darwin was right
I have always told Gophette that if she could sell what was left of me for a profit to go for it. Whatever is left will not be Gopher and will have no value to what used to be me. If anyone wants to spend money on me, do it now while I am alive, healthy and can enjoy it. Pumping money into fancy boxes and holes in the ground that offer pertetual care is one of the silliest things I can imagine.

I would like to be remembered for being a good husband, father, friend, companion, son, brother and whatever else I might end up being with the time I have left. I do not want to end up in some pasture marked with granite markers that anyone feels obligated to visit on my birthday or holidays and leave flowers that neither I nor anyone else will enjoy.

K

Kain99

Cremation doesn't bother me a bit! I'm with Rose... Toss me into the Atlanic!

thetruediva

<i>

I would like to be remembered for being a good husband, father, friend, companion, son, brother and whatever else I might end up being with the time I have left. I do not want to end up in some pasture marked with granite markers that anyone feels obligated to visit on my birthday or holidays and leave flowers that neither I nor anyone else will enjoy.
</i>

I couldnt have said it better. My husband and I fight about this a lot!

Ol-man

mack421
I like the way you guys think! the economics and the environmental aspects are enough to say "well done please" besides you are crammed up around people all of your life, why would you want to be laid in the ground next to a bunch of people! spread those ashes and be free!

Kerad

I would like to be stuffed and sit on the couch :smile:

:killingme

Of course you'd have the best answer! :killingme

Myself...give the rest of my (semi-) functional organs to those who may need 'em.

Burn the rest of me...and toss my ashes into some volcano so I can terrorize others at a later date. :yay:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I do not want to end up in some pasture marked with granite markers that anyone feels obligated to visit on my birthday or holidays and leave flowers that neither I nor anyone else will enjoy.
Yep...

I don't want to be buried either; I want to have my ashes laid in the location(s) that is most personal to me. Family members may visit a (grand)parent's grave for the first few years, maybe a decade, but after that it's natural for the visits to be forgotten and infrequent. And do you think successive generations will visit? Of course not; they didn't even know you.

People are free to have my organs and then let me go into the wind...

Geek

:killingme

Of course you'd have the best answer! :killingme

Myself...give the rest of my (semi-) functional organs to those who may need 'em.

Burn the rest of me...and toss my ashes into some volcano so I can terrorize others at a later date. :yay:

:smoochy:

GopherM

Darwin was right
Of course I want to have enough fun between now and my end that my liver is no longer any good to anyone.

Rael

Supper's Ready
I like the stuffed idea. Positioned sitting, legs crossed, relaxing. Constant reminder of all of the great contributions I did while living............. :lol:

K

Kain99

I like the stuffed idea. Positioned sitting, legs crossed, relaxing. Constant reminder of all of the great contributions I did while living............. :lol:

I'm a realist.... The stuffing idea is a no go! Decomposition will choke the neighbors. sorry ladies. :lmao: