storage unit cost?

terbear1225

what's an average price for a small(ish) storage unit. with baby #2 on the way, we need to clear out our guest room!

Haley

Working for a living...
I have had one that was a 5x5 for about $39/month in Indian Head and my most recent one that was a 9x10 for $90/month in New Market. I think it depends on where you go.

red_explorer

235 in Lexington Park

what's an average price for a small(ish) storage unit. with baby #2 on the way, we need to clear out our guest room!

That place was great! Very easy to work with. It ran us about $70 per month for a good sized place while we were packing to move, and they allowed the movers to go right to the storage units to load them up.

wineo

loving life
The one on Great Mills Rd, by McKays cost us 56 per month, for an 5x10. It was small but could stack high. Got rid of the stuff, their prices might have gone up.

terbear1225

wow! that's a lot higher than I thought. especially since we would need it long term. guess I'll just find a friend with a basement :shrug:

Majere420

your money would be better spent if you buy an enclosed trailer to store everything. this way when you no longer need it you can sell the trailer and get part of your money back.

charlesctygal

Storage Unit Costs

I had a bunch of my belongings in storage at Self Storage USA on Industrial Park Drive in Waldorf. It was the smallest rental they had available, and I believe it was $55.00, but they raised the price on me after a year.

Evaluate the stuff you are thinking about storing.

Do you really need it? If no, pitch it.

What would it cost to replace it? If less than storage cost, pitch it.

latinamomma

Transam's wife
the one on Indian Bridge Road has a special...but then after the first or second month the price goes up...there is one in Leonardtown..5x10 is about 55 a month.

ImnoMensa

I like the idea of the enclosed trailer ,I use mine to keep my lawn mower and riding mower out of my way in the garage. Another option is an Amish shed,if you are going to keep it long term it will pay for itself.