Christmas Caring Program

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
DSS identifies families as being in need of assistance during Christmas. Churches, businesses, civic organizations, schools, families, individuals donate gifts of food, gift cards, clothing and toys for children ranging from infants to high school age. As of Nov. 21, 2007, 476 families had applied for help but only 236 had been "adopted" or sponsored for the holidays. This is a local program and all families assisted are exclusively from St. Mary's and all donations stay within the county.

Anyone interested in helping should call 301-475-4200, x1851 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Any organization that is already involved in helping the community during the season is encouraged to make contact to better coordinate assistance going to families and avoid any duplication of effort.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
DSS identifies families as being in need of assistance during Christmas. Churches, businesses, civic organizations, schools, families, individuals donate gifts of food, gift cards, clothing and toys for children ranging from infants to high school age. As of Nov. 21, 2007, 476 families had applied for help but only 236 had been "adopted" or sponsored for the holidays. This is a local program and all families assisted are exclusively from St. Mary's and all donations stay within the county.

Anyone interested in helping should call 301-475-4200, x1851 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Any organization that is already involved in helping the community during the season is encouraged to make contact to better coordinate assistance going to families and avoid any duplication of effort.

Thank you, Vrai!:howdy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I knew a person one time, a wealthy woman who shall remain nameless, who used to pack up her old clothes and give them to charitable organizations to dole out to needy families at Christmas.

We're talking designer suits, evening dresses, beaded purses, formal shoes, etc. Because of course, that's what a woman who can't provide for her family really needs - fancy clothes for all the formal events she attends. :rolleyes:

It was really something.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I knew a person one time, a wealthy woman who shall remain nameless, who used to pack up her old clothes and give them to charitable organizations to dole out to needy families at Christmas.

We're talking designer suits, evening dresses, beaded purses, formal shoes, etc. Because of course, that's what a woman who can't provide for her family really needs - fancy clothes for all the formal events she attends. :rolleyes:

It was really something.

Many charitable organizations resell those items and buy the things needy families need. It may look ludicrous to donate fancy items, but everything helps.

SMILE in Lusby is one example of a place that does this, and there are many more in the area.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm needy after recent car repair expenses. I choose to buy less for everyone and not ask for help. But that's just me. :shrug:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

It was really something.

Don't knock it... It would certainly improve Wally-World at 20 minutes to midnight.