SoMd Drought?

Hessian

OK...I know we were well below rainfall totals by Autumn,...but these endless days of gloom, mist & rain must have made a dent in our drought.

Anybody know where we stand now?

(I's pay for a stretch of this weather in July!)

T

toppick08

OK...I know we were well below rainfall totals by Autumn,...but these endless days of gloom, mist & rain must have made a dent in our drought.

Anybody know where we stand now?

(I's pay for a stretch of this weather in July!)

Still about 6.5 inches short of "average". Not critical, but pray for a wet winter/spring. :howdy:

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!
Maryland Department of the Environment
Maryland Drought Info November 2007
Drought

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 133

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!
The chief problem: I'm Red-green color blind and so...I had to ask someone to do the interpretation.:lmao:
Looks like SoMd is under Normal conditions.-Good.

Say, you know history - did you know that during WWII they recruited color blind soldiers? They were able to see through the camouflage and were credited with saving many lives. Wow - I wonder how I remembered that? :yay:

ImnoMensa

I don't know who drew that map or who is saying it is normal, but it isn't.

I have lived here for 66 years,some observations. The farm ponds are down, they arent full Church Swamp normally would be wet, it isnt. When I say wet I mean water laying in a lot of places. There isnt .The ditches in the 7th District should have water in them , they dont. That map shows us as normal and the Eastern Shore as on a watch, we all know our weather is passed on to the eastern shore and there shouldbt be that much difference.

Now that isnt scientific, but its accurate, we are still in a drought. Officially recognised or not. Mist and rain dont cut the mustard we need a good tropical storm to lay here for a good 2 days to get even. That or a lot of snow.

Hessian

Yeah...its been a little pet peeve.

I have seen so many adaptions for different learnign difficulties but no publisher is willing to adapt color charts/maps/graphics for the 6% of American Boys who are color deficient.

One of my capable youth was crushed when he learned he couldn't be in the seals.-Color Blind.
I urged him to switch into intel gathering/ satellite interpretation-His "deficiency" earned him a spot in that field.

Yeah---I still hate stop lights.:pete:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Here's another one that the blog on marylandweather.com cites regularly:
Drought Monitor

I have lived here for 66 years,some observations. The farm ponds are down, they arent full Church Swamp normally would be wet, it isnt. When I say wet I mean water laying in a lot of places. There isnt .The ditches in the 7th District should have water in them , they dont. That map shows us as normal and the Eastern Shore as on a watch, we all know our weather is passed on to the eastern shore and there shouldbt be that much difference.

Now that isnt scientific, but its accurate, we are still in a drought. Officially recognised or not. Mist and rain dont cut the mustard we need a good tropical storm to lay here for a good 2 days to get even. That or a lot of snow.
Look at the link tagryn put there. It looks to be a lot more accurate.

fredsaid2

I have lived here for 66 years,some observations. The farm ponds are down,

Agree! We've had to re-dig some fence post holes dug during the summer before the rains came. About 8 - 10" of soil at the top has moisture and is even muddy, below that down to 36" the soil is so dry it blows away on the wind. It will take a heavy snow to make a difference at this point.